Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Break time...

People are working on projects, so I have a bit of downtime right now. Thought I'd update quickly...

Dad got through surgery just fine, according to the Twin. He was happy to see his sister and my twin and her daughters there when he came out of surgery. Twin said that he was all dopey, but that the hospital said he could go home last night, if he really wanted to. I don't know what wound up happening...I'm gonna call later today for an update.

The chick that's working in the room with me was talking about wishing that flying cars existed, because her drive in this morning was just that heinous, apparently. I feel her pain...I went through heinous drives like she goes through daily when I lived in Cali. It sucked, and I wouldn't do it again for less than $100,000 a year, I swear. My drive from Carlsbad to La Jolla each day wiped me out. Work was lucky if I got there by 9, honestly. My drive time now consists of about 10 - 15 minutes, depending on the route I choose. Not bad...

But I don't think that flying cars are the answer, so much. I mean, think what kind of shit people would pull in the air if they do what they do now on the ground! It'd just be wrong. They'd be blaming air traffic controllers for their fender benders, not to mention the additional damage that would definitely occur when accidents happen...I mean, hello? We'd all have to fly at least 300 feet in the air, right? Think of the additional damage that could be done falling from that height! While I agree that the initial thought of flying cars is always a cool one, I know it could just never happen. If it does, I just hope I'm long gone at that point.

And that's all I got. I swear, my life is so mundane right now, it's sickening. But I kind of like it this way, too, you know? It's better than being all confusing and messy and ARGH! all the time, right? That's what I thought...

No comments: