Wednesday, August 03, 2005

It all balances itself, someway or another...

Thank God for the new boyfriend. It's really helpful for me to have someone to (a) take my mind off of the work shit lately, (b) talk to about said work shit when I need to, and (c) confide in about my being scared to DEATH of all the changes that are coming up in my life. Plus, he buys me dinner and he got me a CD last night because he feels I should have it. (It was Modest Mouse's last album, and he's right...I did need to get it.)

I can't believe I'm going to plug through another 7.5 days knowing what I know, dealing with the shit I need to deal with, and trying to be as devoted to it as always. After the discussion I had with the boss this morning, it's just going to be much harder than I thought it would be. (I'll tell you what, though...if they thought my "attitude" was bad before, they don't even KNOW what they've unleashed at this point! I'm telling people right out that they're misreading things, and that they need to know where to refer to in case I'm ever "out of the office". Because after next week, they won't be able to rely on me to babysit them any more.)

Actually, the thought of that just put a huge smile on my face. Maybe this'll be easier than I thought.

3 comments:

FaithsTwin said...

Ice age heat wave, can't complain...nguhnguhnguhnguhnguhNGUHUHnguhnguhnguhnguhNGUHUH... Rockin' album. U needed it.

Anonymous said...

So there I am, going through the hundreds of millions of saved bookmarks that have piled up throughout the years, like 'ya do, and I stumble upon Frighteningly Uncommon Sense. WTF is that I ask myself. Ohhh yeah I remember now...

I guess for starters, since I know who you are, TMI comes to mind. So I stopped reading. Not that it's a bad thing, just a little strange for me I guess. Did I leave the gas on?

At any rate, myself and Trish wish you the best of luck with your new endeavor. Now you can get a job pulling levers that just do 'fuck-all'. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help out. You'll have to come by and check out the money pit too one day. Complete with younger brother living in the basement. Oh yeah, and congrats on the new boyfriend too. Sound like a very 'talented' individual. :) I can do that stuff too ok? There's more than one of us out there. Though mine prefers music. Now that's some TMI for you.

Mmmmm... Ciao.

Faith said...

I can't believe you haven't been reading daily, mister. I will have to kick your ass for that.

And I'm aaallll about the TMI out here. It's more fun that way.

I, for one, am glad to know that my boyfriend is not alone in this talent he has. What I'm pissed about is that none of the men I've been with prior to now have demostrated their ability to do the same thing. Not in the slightest. Jerks.

I'll call Trish tomorrow...maybe we can do something this weekend. :)