Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Oh jeezy...here we go!

We've finally told the managers in our region about my resignation. I just sent a note out to everyone to sort of let them know (some managers have been told in meetings they've been in for the past two days, others were unaware until I sent the note), and to give them a new guide to follow that has different info in it (i.e. my name has been removed from it, and replaced with my coworker's name in some cases, since she'll be performing many of my old duties until they find a replacement...), and the e-mails have started coming in already! People are shocked, and they can't believe it, and one guy even said, "I was just starting to like you!" Yeah, he can fuck right off, but everyone else is cool, and it's going to be hard to leave them, that's for sure!

It's also going to be hard to leave a paycheck. Scary, scary. But I'll be fine. I'm sure I'll be fine...

2.5 days, and counting...

5 comments:

Ms. Pants said...

I admire your ovaries, chica. I think it's totally kickass that you're standing up and venturing into the scary because you know you deserve better. Should you decide to teach a class on this someday, let me know. I'm your first student!

FaithsTwin said...

Well, since Faith here doesn't plan on having any children, those ovaries are needed for much bigger & better things- such as quitting a job in a fight with management over principles. GO OVARIES! (we also tend to have a bit more testosterone in us from some funky familial thing. Good for this sort of situation.)

lyn said...

people are just lame. "I was just starting to like you". WTF? Good riddance.

Anonymous said...

Hey lady. I may have a job prospect for you. I may be leaving my current job (crossing fingers) so they'll be an opening for an AA position here. They'd probably even pay you close to what you were making at your old job. If you're interested let me know and I'll email you when I find out if I'm leaving. I have an interview Friday. I'm very excited! clwm2dlw@gmail is my email.

Faith said...

Ms. Pants - I wonder how much I could charge to teach a class on this sort of thing. $20 a head? Hmmm...

Twin - Yep.

Lyn - Don't I know it!! Can you believe that shit? I think he thought he was being funny, but...no.

Cheri - I'm not looking for a new perm job, though. (Especially one that might pay "close to" what I'm earning now...I need to be earning MORE THAN what I earn now!) But thanks sista...Good luck in your interview!!