Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Ok, I have to take a break...

A couple observations:

We have a new radio station in the KC area. It's called "Jack", or some shit like that. It's good background music, to be quite honest, but it's the weirdest station! They just played Paula Abdul's "Straight Up" (which, by the way, was a piece of musical genious...can't believe it isn't played more often, really...), and now they're playing some soft-heavy metal shit (I don't know who the band is...), and earlier they played Depeche Mode and Tears for Fears. They just play almost everything, really. Not any country, thank goodness. But they played that "How Bizarre" song earlier, which I hadn't heard in for. ev. er. (not that I was sitting around wishing someone would play it or anything...it's a piece of musical crap, overall), and they do shit like that all day. I could do without the amount of Van Halen they play. And the Faith Hill shit. But anyway...interesting station. Again, good background to the mindless stuff I'm doing all day long.

How does one leave the bathroom with a piece of toilet paper draped from the back of their pants? I saw a woman earlier in the hallway that had done just that. Now, I probably have some nasty karma coming my way for not having stopped her to let her know about it, but I don't know her, and it seemed an odd thing to approach a stranger about, you know? But really, it got me wondering about just how that sort of thing happens? Did she miss the bowl when she went to throw the toilet paper she was using in it? And instead, it landed in her pants? How did she not notice? And, ew! I just don't get it. Toilet paper stuck to the shoe I get. But a trail of it out the back of the pants is beyond me. Very beyond.

Ok, back to work. Gah.

**Update: that radio station is now playing that "Steal My Sunshine" song, which I LOVE, btw, and a moment before they played it, they were playing Elton John. It's a funky station. The funkiest of the funky...

4 comments:

Christy said...

Whee...gotta love Jack. :-)

FaithsTwin said...

toilet paper out the back of pants...well, those of us who use a toilet seat cover might be more to blame than others. However, if she is wiping from behind and THINKS she's gotten the paper out and hasn't? That's just nasty. There realy are too many factors that play in and they are all gross, so I'm no longer going down this road.

I like it when random radio stations play, "How Bizarre" because I've always liked the plinky plunky of that song here and there.

lyn said...

JACK is the latest in radio programming. It's programmed by Clear Channel out of L.A. There are a bunch of markets that have a JACK station (SD included).

the Yearning Heart said...

In Austin, Jack's brother is named Bob.