Thursday, August 04, 2005

See, I'm doing it already...

When I woke up yesterday, I asked the new boyfriend what time he wanted to wake up. He usually doesn't get out of bed until about 7:30 when he has to work at 8, so when he said, "7..." I figured he just didn't finish what he meant to say. So I go in at about 7:35 (I let time get away from me...), and wake him up, and he looks at the time, and gets all wide-eyed, and rolls his ass out of bed really quickly. I mean, I'm 5 minutes from the Moose, and he's a boy, so I figure all is ok. And he didn't really say anything. But, because my brain is on constant overdrive, I figure he's "mad" at me (i.e. not really mad, but just upset that he didn't have more time to wake up before having to shoot out the door to head to work), except he does stop to give me a kiss before he heads out, which is nice. It's always nice...

Anyway, he has some friends that are in town this week, and we hung out with them on Monday and Tuesday (and much fun was had), and since they were planning on leaving to go home today, I figured that he'd be hanging out with them again last night, so I didn't expect him to call, or anything. But he always does. And he didn't. He didn't even send me a text message, which is what he usually does.

So I'm here thinking that he's definitely pissed about the not-waking-him-up thing the other day.

But you know what? He's not. I know he isn't. And my brain is just trying to sabatoge me and make me feel all self-conscious and stupid-girl over this and shit. I mean, the other night, he asked me if I could love someone as goofy as he is. I just stared at him with a smile on my face, not knowing what to say. I mean, "love"? Sure! In a junior high, I-can-see-our-names-fitting-together-perfectly, kind of way. But as a grown up? Hi. Yeah...it's only been 3 and a half weeks since our first date. Love isn't on the table for me yet. But it was cute that he asked me such a thing. And it's right up my alley...I keep wondering to myself about how I can be falling for such a goofy guy. He just has enough non-goof that makes him even more endearing, I guess.

Anyway...

My problem here is the brain on overtime. Again. Trying to convince me of something that isn't the case. And today I sent him a text that said I missed him last night, mostly because I thought it was something sweet that'd make him feel good to hear, but also because it was true. And he wrote back that he has to close tonight, so he won't be able to stay over again. And the brain turns that into a brush-off type of thing, because he closed last Thursday, and he still came over when he was done. But maybe it's catching up to him too...this whole staying up late, waking up early, ohmygod when the hell am I ever gonna sleep again thing. Because it's catching up to me. But I'm old, so it makes sense that it caught up to me faster than him. But the brain is still sitting here trying to convince me that he's mad about yesterday morning (which would be ridiculous, and is sooo not him), and that he's not sleeping over tonight because of it.

*sigh!*

Hi. I'm a girl. Pleased to meetcha.

3 comments:

lyn said...

dude, you have way too much time on your hands to be thinking about this.

aren't you going to see him at the bar tonight????

Faith said...

Actually, my brain is really disfunctional in that way. I trained it from an early age to be able to "multitask" in ways you could never imagine. What I used to do was watch t.v. and do my homework at the same time. It did wonders for me, as it turns out! So I have the ability to think about shit like whether my boyfriend is irritated with me for not waking him up at the same time that I'm writing e-mails and making travel arrangements and sending faxes...it's a gift. :)

And yes, I saw him last night. He was fine. Just tired, like I thought he might be.

Maine said...

Wow. You sound like everyone I've ever dated ever. Next time you find yourself in brain overdrive wondering what a guy is thinking just ask him and believe the first thing he tells you. We're usually much, much simpler than you'd expect.