Tuesday, August 02, 2005

There just isn't much to say on this one...

I turned in my resignation yesterday. It's been a month since I asked for the promotion and raise, and ever since then, all I was getting was the run-around. The new boss is trying to blame it on the upper management, but I simply cannot fathom them saying no to an extra $2,400 per year for me when they agree to the insane things they agree to for bringing new sales people on board. (However, if that is the case, then I'll tell you, this is NOT a company I want to work for any more anyway...) I have a gut feeling that the new boss never even approached upper management with my request. But no one can ever really know for sure on that. All I do know is that he's telling my coworker that he was told "no" by the upper management, and basically he was afraid to tell me, and that's why he hasn't been responding to my requests for resolution.

So I'm out of here. In two weeks. Because the company couldn't bring themselves to pay me an extra $200 (gross) per month. Fucking bastards.

4 comments:

Lushy said...

Cheers for standing up for yourself and insisting on getting what you deserve. They are going to have to hire 3 people to replace you!

lyn said...

you've been unhappy at work for awhile. good for you for not taking their crap anymore.

statia said...

Obviously he didn't value you that much (which for what you do, I can't understand why) as his employee or he would have fought to keep you on board. Hopefully you'll find something else that'll make more money and make you happier.

sheri said...

Best of luck to ya, Lady. Something tells me you'll land on your feet just fine.