Thursday, August 25, 2005

Waiting game...

Well, work has picked up...knew it would. They keep giving me more and more to do, and then two of the people that have been helping me with reports and the structure of the reporting left for vacation as of today, so that's fun. One of them dumped a new report on me yesterday afternoon, and I'm just going to have to figure it out, for the most part. I took a few little notes, and I hope I can do it like she showed me, but we'll have to see!

Last night, I went to the Moose after the boyfriend asked me to come up and have a drink with him, and we wound up meeting up with a couple of his friends that dropped by for dinner. It was nice chatting with them. Really interesting people, from what I've seen thus far. It made the boyfriend really happy to have friends just drop by like that. So sweet. When we were getting ready to take off, I told him that he was welcome to come over, if he wanted...but I really wanted to work out this morning, and that might suck for him, as I blast the t.v. in the room next to my bedroom when I walk on the tread...and I have to get up at 5:10 a.m. in order to get it done, too. So he said he'd just go home and "give me the space [I] need". (Earlier, we'd been talking about "The Tao of Steve", as it's a fave for him as well, and I told him I'd been trying to retreat for about 3 weeks now, and just can't bring myself to be able to! So I think he probably was rolling off of that comment I'd made. He's so silly...)

Anyway, work beckons...oh! I also got an interview (through my temp company, of course...it pays for them to love me as much as they do, I swear) at a new company that I'll be going to next week. They need an exec admin for 5 of their executives. Basic admin stuff, with a little MS Publishing thrown in, which would be new to me, but sounds like fun really. It's at some financial company that buys and sells other companies. Sounds fascinating, so I'm looking forward to that. It's also a position that starts in the low $40,000's. Right up my alley, bitches. I'd have to buy a couple of suits, as it's not exactly a casual atmosphere, but that's ok. I'll probably get a new one for the interview this weekend, actually. My old ones are, well, old. Plus, I'm a bit tight in a couple of them right now, so that won't work. One new suit for now won't kill me, budget-wise. Plus, it's been so long since I've bought a suit...

Gotta go...big report I have to do. Bleh!

1 comment:

lyn said...

nice. good luck on the interview and get a slamming new suit :)