Thursday, September 22, 2005

An Apple a day...

Last night, prior to the concert starting, boyfriend and I were chatting about lots of random shit. One of the things he brought up was the name "Apple" that Gwyn and Chris chose for their baby. And I had an epiphany. "I think they told everyone they named their baby Apple just to throw us all off track. I mean, think about it! You go to school with a kid named Apple, and you know that it's Gwyneth and Chris's kid, right? But if you go to school with an 'Abigale Martin', she's just another Abby on the list, yo. No one would know the truth! It's brilliance, is what it is."

Anyone agree with my theory? I mean, unless they have a rather unhealthy obsession with Mac computers, why would they seriously have named their kid "Apple"??? Has anyone ever heard the story behind their choice for the name? No, I didn't think so. So go ahead...disagree with my theory. But if you run into a tall, thin, beauty with a British accent and the last name of "Martin" in 20 years, you might just ask her what her parents do for a living...

3 comments:

Alisha said...

I agree. However there are some crazy ass names in Hollywood like Rumor Willis for example.

Maine said...

Nah, I'm pretty sure her name is Apple.

I notice a lot of people, once they get way too famous/rich, start thinking that normal rules don't apply to them. They do things like buy Elephant Man bones, and kill their ex-wives, and they don't realize that the rest of the world would find that weird. My money is on Apple.

Besides, its not like the kid's going to be in public school anyway. She's going to be in schmancy rich kid private school where the tuition is 6 figures and where the kids learn stuff about Chaucer in 2nd grade. None of her classmates would be that impressed with her parents because their parents are on Desperate Housewives or something.

And I ramble on...

FaithsTwin said...

This theory makes sense to me! It may simply be the Twin Thing, though. =P BUT, they did indeed say they chose the name Apple because it was wholesome and they wanted that to surround their child. ???

Maine, I have to say as much as famous people prolly SHOULD put their kids in fancy schools where other people magically don't care that they are in the presence of greatness (because as we all know famous people ARE all 'greatness', royalty even!) one of my neices good friends is Don Cheadle's little girl. They go to public school out where my former brother-in-law is at. Normal as normal gets, if you ask me. I'm not famous but my youngest is in 1st grade and she already is well versed in Chaucer, among others I might add. There is something about having a child who is smarter than I am. Makes being lazy SUPER easy!