Monday, September 26, 2005

Grumpy is as grumpy does...

My thighs SUCK!!! Yardwork was thy foe, hamstrings-o'-mine! Why must you attack ME for something I didn't even do to you??? Argh!!

And to the little, weird, apparently invisible bugs that were on the patio at the Moose the other night after the USC game? Yeah, FUCK YOU! My feet are a miserable mess today, thankyouverymuchNOT! What the hell are you? And what did my feet do to you to make you so ANGRY at them? I was wearing cute shoes! So that couldn't have been what I was being punished for...Maybe you don't like the polish color I chose when I got my pedicure a couple of weeks ago? Regardless, you suck, and I hate you. My feet hate you. And even my left ankle hates you. A LOT!

I'm so glad to see that everyone that I know in the Houston area escaped the nasty weather of the weekend without too much trouble. Apparently, Louisiana just isn't the state to live in this year, which is too bad. Hopefully, the communities that have been hit hardest will be able to recover eventually, and return to normal. I remember how difficult it seemed like it would be to "return to normal" after the fire in Malibu in 1993. I remember sitting on my dad's couch watching the news coverage of the evacuation and the homes/businesses being destroyed, and seeing how hard they all had to work at saving as much of the community as possible, and not understanding why it was happening to us. I was so grateful to have a safe haven so nearby that I could run to...and I asked my dad if I should start looking at new colleges right away, or if I needed to wait until the following semester. Fortunately, my school was a central location for the firefighting efforts, and was kept safe and sound as possible. We also had the advantage of having a road that encircled the campus all the way round which kept all of our buildings separated naturally from the burning brush. In several parts of campus, the fire burned right up to that road before they got it out. We were very, very lucky. Fire is a different force than a hurricane, of course, especially the one in Malibu since it was arson and all, but I remember the feeling all too well...the being stuck in traffic trying to escape, watching the smoke and flames get closer behind me with every hour I was stuck on PCH. Wondering if I'd grabbed everything that I should have before I hopped into my Chevy Blazer to run away from campus. It was crazy, and I wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone. Especially those folks that had to return to find nothing left of where they once lived. It's not fair, sometimes...

Good things to focus on today: boyfriend's friend's wife started working at the same place I'm temping at today, so we can hang out and have lunch together...yay! And the Chiefs play Denver tonight, and I can't wait to see them kick some Denver ASS!! And I don't have to do any yardwork of any kind at all today! And that is just such a lovely feeling...

1 comment:

Hunny said...

Go home and take a nice hot bath and relax!!!!!! It will help your muscles!

Hope you feel better!
Hunny