Saturday, September 24, 2005

I don't get it...

My boyfriend slept on the couch last night. For apparently no reason whatsoever. I decided to head to bed at about midnight, and asked him if he was coming, and his response was, "I don't know." I didn't know what that meant, so I just asked him if he planned on watching more t.v., or what, and he again said he didn't know. So I chalked it up to him being super-tired, kissed him goodnight, and went to bed. I woke up again at about 2, and he was still on the couch, but the t.v. was off, so he was just sleeping out there. I went and asked him if he was coming into the bedroom, and he just said he didn't know again. It was so weird! So I went back to bed again, and woke up again at about 4:45. He was still on the couch, and he was fully clothed, and was even wearing his glasses. I went out and sat down. I couldn't go back to sleep. I asked him what was wrong, and he said nothing. I said, "You're sleeping on the couch...why? You even have your glasses on, still!" He said I was "blowing it out of proportion". I didn't understand what he meant by that, but I could read into the fact that he was bothered, so I went in and climbed into bed and read my book for about a half hour, and then went back to sleep.

I got up this morning at about 9, and decided to go run errands. He had woken up just before I left, and was just sitting there. So I asked him again if he was ok, and he said he was fine (even though he looked like hell...), and I said I was going to run some errands and asked him if he needed anything, and he said no. And then I told him the bedroom was all his if he wanted it, and he just shook his head. I asked him if he wanted me to take him back to his car, so he could just go home, and he looked confused about that and said no. And then I left. I just came back home, and he's back asleep on the couch, but this time, he's taken off his glasses, at least.

I don't know why this bothers me so much. But it's like he's playing a mind game with me, for some reason. He MUST know why he decided to sleep on the couch last night. So why does he keep saying he doesn't know? Does he dislike my bed, but he's afraid to tell me so? Did I smell funny last night? (I think I smell fine, but whatev...) I didn't do anything to piss him off, that I know, so that's not the problem. I just don't get it. And my mind hasn't let me drop it, yet. I'm waiting, though. I'd really just like to drop it, if I can.

I think I'll get dressed, and go do yard work. It's a bit stuffy outside, but the lawn needs to be mowed, dammit, and it's supposed to rain more tomorrow, so I best get to it today. I have no idea where I'm going to watch the USC game tonight (it's not being shown here, as they're playing Oregon, and so regionally, that doesn't work into our grid...and the Moose decided against getting College Game Day this year, so I won't be able to see any of the USC games that are blacked out regionally this season. Which bites the big one, but I digress...), so that's on my mind, too.

Man...and I was in such a good mood yesterday, and everything! I guess I jinxed it by saying anything. I knew it...

No comments: