Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Is a temp job supposed to really be "work"?

Sorry for the lack of posts yesterday. Things have been busy.

Let's see...stuff that's bothering me today? - The radio in my office is a bit loud. It's on my coworker's desk, though, so I can't do anything about it. It does drown out the annoying-voice-girl that works directly across the hall from us, though, so I guess that's a good thing.
- Stayed up a bit too late last night. But that's ok, because I can go to bed early tonight, I think. 10 p.m. YES! That means that tomorrow I will be well-rested and pretty and loving the world again. Today, I want to love the Chinese food I plan on having for lunch, and then I will love the fact that ABC is showing the season premier episode of "Lost" tonight again before they show tonight's new episode, so my little blunder last week of recording 2 hours worth of the Weather Channel is a wash. Thank goodness.

(Ugh. Let me just say that I am soooo not in the mood for the funk they are playing on JACK right now. It's making me ill. Seriously.)

Lately, I've been discussing my priorities of things that make me happy with the boyfriend. He's bothered by the fact that I have certain shows that I watch, and doesn't understand my love for t.v. I've told him before about my fave things in this world. They are as follows: (1) Sleep. (2) Food. (3) T.V. He's not only bothered by my prioritization of t.v. (I've told him I would make a living watching t.v. if I could, but I don't know how...I don't think I'd be a very good critic. I cuss a LOT when I write. Which might not be that obvious from just reading this blog. I don't know...), but he's bothered by the fact that Sex With My Boyfriend isn't anywhere on the list, and he feels it should be, especially after we've been together for a couple of months. And he's right. Really, I need to reprioritize. So here's the new list: (1) Sleep. (2) Food. (3) Sex With My Boyfriend (when there isn't something really good on t.v., and I'm not too tired, and I've eaten a good dinner that was filling and delicious). There. That's better!

But I'll tell you what...maybe I will really adjust the list as soon as he stops behaving like a retarded hyena whenever we watch Chiefs games together. Hm. I need to discuss that with him when we have dinner tonight, I think. Because I don't know how else to get him to stop acting like he does when we're watching those games. Luckily, the next game is on when he's working, so hopefully, he'll keep his antics confined to the kitchen this Sunday. I swear, on Monday night, if the group of men in the bar weren't going to kick his ass for cheering for Denver, I was going to. So. Annoying. Boyfriends aren't supposed to annoy their girlfriends like that, are they? I don't like it at all...

I'd better get back focussed on work. We had a meeting yesterday, and they said they would need me here for at least another month, if not more. So that's nice. It's not stellar pay, but it is paying the bills right now, and that's helpful to me...I'd hate to have to dip into my savings any more than I already have. I just hate that I'll have to use my savings to pay my car payment to my dad in November. Back in May, I worked out a deal with him where I pay him every 6 months for the payment, rather than month to month, and in the mean time, I would put the amount I owe him into my savings account, so I can earn a little interest on it. I was able to put it away for June and July, but then I quit my old job, and I wasn't able to put any in for August or September thus far. There's enough in there to pay him the car payment I owe him in November, but I hate that I haven't added to it at all, like I needed to. Maybe I need to scrimp a bit on the next two checks so I can work that out...hmmm...I need to think about that. And, I totally didn't mean to go off on that tangent. Dammit, that's what I get for missing a day of posting. Sorry...

4 comments:

Duncan said...

How about revising your list to 1)Sleep 2)Food 3)Sex while watching TV.

Faith said...

Hmm. Intriguing idea, Duncan. Except I tend to get pretty wrapped up in both activities when doing them separately, so having to focus some attention on both at the same time might cause me to wind up with performance issues. And that's no fun.

I might have to make it a 4 part list, is the thing. (1) Sleep. (2) Food. (3) Sex. (4) T.V. Which makes sense, now that I have a boyfriend in my life, and all. And he's a pretty important boyfriend, at that, since he very well might be single-handedly saving me from a life of eternal spinsterdome.

We'll have to give it another month or so to decide if that's the way the list should remain. For now, I'll change it, and make my man happy. :)

FaithsTwin said...

Seriously, the sex thang should taper off. Unless you are one of those annoying couples who have sex as often as you did in the beginning 5 years from now. I'm thinking of the Phoebe/Mike vs Monica/Chandler situation. Either that or TiVo. I hear it's an investment well worth the cost. You can throw it at him when he brings it up again..."You know if you would lIKE to be placed #3 in the list of 4, I would suggest a gift of TiVo at some point. Until then sex will be placed at #5 on purpose, even though there are only 3."

alisha said...

I like the tivo idea.