Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Party's over...

Back at work today, and just plugging along as needed. Sort of a mellow day, which is good. Lots of catch up, but it's not too bad.

Yesterday, the boyfriend and I went to a party for his work. The Moose is a part of a larger corporation that owns several restaurants in the KC area, and all the employees were invited to this thing, along with their family members/significant others, so I got to go, too. It was such a nice day out. And his coworkers got dru-huuuuunk! It was a fun day. Boyfriend and I left the party as it was winding down at about 4:45 or so. We went to get a movie, and then we got Chinese food (boyfriend was a bit worse for the wear as well, so he wanted some grease to soak up the alcohol, he said...he had a couple of shots of jaeger, as usual. Don't know how he drinks that stuff, seriously...), and then we went home where he fell asleep on the couch while I watched the movie. I told him last night when we were going to bed that drinking and hanging out like we did all day was a good way to do things...not only did I not drink too much, but what buzz I did have had worn off by the time we went to bed, so no hangover today! It was a good weekend overall.

Not much else is going on. Looks like that job I interviewed for last week doesn't want to hire me, as I haven't been called back in for the 3rd interview. These things don't get me down too much, though. It wasn't meant to be. Who knows how much longer they'll need me around the current place I'm at, anyway. Yeah, it's not a whole bunch of money per hour, but it's enough to cover me for now. The one guy I work with asked me this morning how my job search was going, and I told him I'm not looking all that hard, actually. He asked about the interview last week, and I told him they must have decided to go with someone else. He said he was sorry, but he's glad I get to stick around...they need my help! I thought that was nice of him to say.

I'd better get back to it. Hope everyone is having a fun week. It's a super-short one for me, of course. Woo!! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
Your blog is fantastic ! Definitely I will come back here .

I believe in happiness. For me, laughing is the best medicine. Let us share the medicine at my pharmacy . Surely, you will love My pharmacy.

Always Be Happy

FaithsTwin said...

Dude, you NEED to get the system where we need to do the words or something. These ads are getting retahded.

Glad you had a good weekend! I could have called you about, ohhh, 5 or 6 times, but didn't. Dunno why.