Thursday, September 22, 2005

Um, can you come in on a Friday next time, maybe?

Saw Coldplay last night at Sandstone (a.k.a. "Verizon Wireless Aphitheater", a.k.a. "The Worst Place to Buy a Beer Right Before the Main Act Goes Onstage EVER!"), and had a blast. They really are wonderful in concert. Chris Martin was all over the place compared to the last time I saw them 3 years ago. He even ran onto a platform in the audience during one of the songs they played in their encore, which was lots o' fun to see. It was a great night. (BTW Twin, got the messages, thanks for keeping me in the loop, and I'll call you later today to chat...my phone didn't work at the "Amphitheater", and in fact it felt like it was going to light on fire at one point, so I just turned it off...glad to hear the news.)

Super-tired today, though, and cannot WAIT for the weekend! I'm even staying home from the Moose tonight, which is almost unheard of for me. I always go in for at least one beer on $1.50 Thursdays. But tonight, I really want to go home, make the Chinese Chicken Salad I've been craving all week, and call Time Warner to see if we can get my home e-mail all straightened out. (Since we installed the new computer, I haven't been able to "find" it.) And then I'll probably go to bed early. God, that'll be great!

Oh, and my fave thing that happened last night? Yeah, I set up my VCR to record "Lost" and that new "Invasion" show, or whatever it's called, and then just before leaving, the boyfriend and I checked out the Weather Channel to see how cool it was going to be while we were at the concert. (Not very cool, FYI...balmy 77 degrees when we left at 11:45 p.m.) When we were going to sleep last night, it hit me: I had forgotten to change the channel on my cable box to ABC. So I recorded 2 hours of the Weather Channel last night while I was gone...no doubt, they did some interesting coverage of hurricanes and the like, BUT I WANTED TO WATCH "LOST" TONIGHT, DAMMIT!!

Sometimes, I'm just the perfect ninny.

No comments: