Monday, October 03, 2005

Heartburn SUCKS...

I have heartburn right now. Which means that I can't eat pizza any more unless I want to deal with the pain that follows. (I made a pizza last night, had heartburn but dismissed it as being caused by something else, and then had leftover pizza for breakfast - because that's the point of having pizza in the first place - and now I have heartburn again, so I KNOW it was the pizza that caused it...dammit.) So that's one more thing I can't fucking eat any more. I'm already on a strict turkey, chicken, or fish diet, and now I can't even eat a pizza that's topped with turkey-fucking-pepperoni and olives, and doesn't have any cheese? Oh god...what if it was the sauce that did it? Just kill me now, if that's the case. Going through life without tomato sauce? It's just not even an option.

Something smells funny in my office right now. I'm pretty sure it isn't me. It's really not a good smell, though, and I'd like it to go 'way.

I need to get to work, and am really distracted by this heartburn right now, so I'll post more later, I'm sure...

3 comments:

Coley said...

Oooh, I get the tomato sauce heartburn thing too and it totally sucks.
Although, if you make the sauce, throw a little (a tiny amount, like under a teaspoon) of baking soda in it. It helps kill some of the acidity.

Good luck Lady!

Anonymous said...

Your anonymous sister again -- (aren't you glad I check in on you quarterly??!!!)... getchoo some Prilosec OTC, and see if THAT makes any difference (take *2* per dose (dose=40mg) for the 1st day or two). If it DOES help, we could see about gettin' you something more potent, and adjust to the fact that you likely have the EVER-glamorous GERD, or the family-leaning gallbladderthangie... just a suggestion, and I won't be offended if you merely tell me in return to FOAD (see, my skin's gotten WAY thick...) -- Love, Your Old(est) Sister (Duh Who Else Ferchryssakes)

(NOTE: Didja know that I'm now working in a WestHollywood (aka Boys'Town) pharmacy?? These poor, pretty boys, they ALLLL have excessive acid problems (it seems it's stressful being a darling little man's man... wondering day-in-day-out if you'll turn up positive the next time you dare to test... uh-oh -- hope I'm not politicizing your page... would never mean to do that, Faith... Be good, have fun, dream worthwhile dreams, talk to you later -- shell)

Anonymous said...

i had persistent heartburn for some time, which was aggravated mostly by caffeine because i get my fair share of that. so I took 2 otc pepsid tabs once a day and all was right with the world. after a while, my stress level subsided and i didn't need the pills anymore. but definitely medicate to keep the acid down. if not, the skin down there gets irritated and will hurt even when you're not acidic.