Thursday, October 20, 2005

I don't usually like these things much, but...

Aww...Maine's wife gave birth yesterday to brand new baby Ava. (I have a friend at the Moose who had a baby a few months ago, and her name is Ava as well. Weird that it's such a popular name. My neighbor's baby is Greta. So I think we're heading into a throwback period to the Hollywood starlets of yesteryear. Imagine, in about 6 or 7 years, Ava and Greta will be in elementary school surrounded by a bunch of Audrey's, Gregory's, Humphrey's, and Ruth's. Ok, maybe not so many Ruth's, since I'm probly one of the only Ruth Hussey fans alive at this point in time, and as I don't plan on having children, and I probably wouldn't name one Ruth even if I did, it might not be one of the names to travel on in infamy. But there might be lots of Ginger's in those classes, too...)

Anyway, good job, Maine. Hope she doesn't keep you up much in the next couple of months. Sucka!!!!

3 comments:

lyn said...

maine's a big pumpkins fan - his daughter was named after a pumpkins song - ava adore. but i think the proliferation of old school hollywood names is cool. i think audrey is poised for a big comeback.

Maine said...

Shh... my wife thinks I picked the name out of a baby name book. She thinks there's a bit too much Billy hero worship going around these parts anyway...

Anonymous said...

Hi

I've created a new resource for american indian baby name you can with lots of information and links related to american indian baby name
Now I've finished I thought I look around for other american indian baby name sites and see what everyone else is talking about, you know get ome more american indian baby name ideas etc...
This blog looks pretty good, though I'm not sure my american indian baby name site will get this many visitors - ah well, can only but try ;)
If you have a spare moment please visit my american indian baby name site and let me know what you think, I'll check back here again later.

Bye
Steward