Monday, October 03, 2005

Ok...feeling a bit better now.

Thank goodness the place I work has some Gaviscon in the cupboard in the breakroom. Very helpful. I'm feeling a bit better in the heartburn area at this point. Unfortunately, it's becoming more and more clear as the morning wears on that I do have a cold. It's a very teeny one at this point (nose is running, a bit of a cough...), so I'm hoping that by laying low over the next couple of days, I can keep it teeny, and make it go away. It's putting me in a shitty mood, it seems. I don't wanna be at work, and I don't wanna talk to my coworker...just not in the mood for any of that crap. And the air vent that's directly over me pushing cold air on the back of my neck? Yeah, that shit needs to stop.

So the news of the weekend is that Fucktard got back together with his girlfriend, who had broken up with him a week before, sending him into a drunken spiral that was rather depressing to see/be exposed to. I walked in the Moose on Saturday, and they were sitting at the bar together. She's an ok chick...she has had her moments, and I think that downing an entire bottle of wine in the course of an hour and a half might mean she has a bit of a problem, but for the most part, I don't have any beef with her.

Anyway, so they're there together, and there's a seat open next to her so I sit down. We chat a bit about what's going on, and Fucktard and I discuss the USC/ASU game (he went to ASU, so I was trying to get him to go watch the game with me for a bit, even though I knew he would never go to the bar I have to go to, etc, etc...), and then I ask them if they'll be in to watch the Chief game on Sunday, and apparently they're going to go ahead and take some trip they had planned a while ago down south in Missouri on Sunday, now that they're back together, so they won't be in to watch it. We discussed how they planned on arriving at their hotel before the game starts, so they should be fine to watch it and all, and I said, "Are you sure there's a t.v. in the cabin?" And Fucktard's girlfriend says, "Well, for $300 a night, there'd BETTER be one in there!" And I'm all, "Ha ha! Yeah...I guess so, huh?" But I'm feeling a bit uncomfy because, come on...why mention how much it costs? Who the hell cares? But I let it go, and they chat a bit while I watch the Notre Dame game, and I hear Fucktard telling her that he wants her to get stinking drunk, and she's wondering why (and I'm thinking, "What's new?"), and he says she needs "medication". So I'm rolling my eyes, because really, how fucked up is all that? I was talking to a mutual friend about it yesterday, and she thought that maybe he was encouraging her to be drunk since he's drunk pretty much all the time, too. I don't know. It was sickening, was all. Anyway, so she manages to mention the price of the room at least two more times before they leave, and it was just so weird, I thought. I kept thinking that if she couldn't afford the damn room, then why did she offer to take Fucktard on the trip in the first place? Asshole...

They finally left a bit after that, and I was glad to have them replaced by a couple of very nice, interesting Notre Dame fans. We had a great conversation about football, and the one guy's brother that lives in LA, and that sort of thing. No mention of money at. all. Which is how I like it when I'm drinking a beer and munching on some hummus. I can't wait till Fucktard and the girlfriend come back, though, so I can hear all about how their $300 per night room in the middle of the fucking Missouri wilderness was. Bleh...

4 comments:

Hunny said...

Sorry to hear you not feeling well! Get better quick!
Hugs
Hunny

Anonymous said...

hi faith, it is your sexy, very tanned, blonde haired ex-co-worker. (should there be a hyphen between the ex AND the co?) Anyway, we need to get together for lunch. That is if I can get away from work. Holla ata gold fingernail wearing with pink diamonds spelling my man's name on the tips and matching stones spelling my name on my gold teeth multi-cultural honey child. Now that I think about it, lunch will not be long enough.

Roberto Iza Valdes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Iza Firewall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.