Friday, October 14, 2005

Waiting for the extract...

So I'm wandering around, waiting for a report to be run so I can do the rest of my work, and hoping the rest of the day will be as mellow as this morning has been, and a thought crossed my mind: Did I really need to put my lunch into the fridge this morning? I mean, think about it...all those years in grammar school/junior high/high school when I took my lunch with me in a fucking lunch box, only to store it in my locker for the first 3 or 4 hours of the day before I took it out at about 12:15 to eat the lunch meat/leftovers/soup that had been packed in it that morning at about 6:30 or 7 a.m? How did I not get sick? Lunch meat shouldn't sit out for more than an hour at room temperature, you know? Soup...well, that gets put into a thermos, and really, it's been canned for a while anyway, so it's not like it's gonna kill you if you eat it after it's been sitting around I guess. But lunch meat? Cream cheese? (A favorite of mine when I was in 5th, 6th, and 7th grade was honey ham on a bagel with cream cheese...YUM!) Those things aren't safe to eat after they've been sitting out for 3 hours, right?

Well, I'm walking proof that it's just fine, dammit. So there FDA.

I've been spending my morning reading political commentary on blogs, and actually getting involved in the discussion occuring in comments. Not only is this making me go "WTF is wrong with me??" but it's also giving me a headache. Mikey, Tony, Joe...I'm done. It was weird of me to speak up in the first place. I'd much rather talk about the phenomenon of poo than global warming, and I read the KC Star daily online...but only if you count looking at the funnies as "reading". So I don't know what I was thinking. Hope my comments don't make me come off sounding like an asshat.

1 comment:

Tony said...

"phenomenon of poo"

Now that's comedy!!!!

Nice.