Monday, November 14, 2005

Crying and fretting = not productive, ok?

I can't figure out why the clock on my computer refuses to remain at the proper time! Since the time change, I have reset it about 5 times, each time clicking on the "apply" button prior to then clicking on the "ok" button, and hoping it'll take. At this point, it's just an hour behind, which is definite improvement. When we returned from Indiana last week, it had completely revolted, and decided it wanted to start over again at noon every time we turned it on. Hmmm...maybe a virus scan is in order.

I have officially given up on being poor and freaked out all the time, and am applying for Real Life Admin Jobs again. I'm pissed, but there really isn't anything I can do about it. My temp company is pissing out on me, so I can't rely on them for positions at all, and if I'm gonna apply at other temp companies for help looking for shit, then I might as well apply for a new admin job altogether somewhere. So we'll see what happens. I'm still hoping to hear back on a couple of totally new opportunities I've been trying to create for myself as well, so the admin thing might not be necessary. But let's all hope that SOMETHING works out for me soon, because I'm going bonkers trying to figure out what I'm gonna do with my life.

"All right then, I want to work in a shoe shop! And discover shoes that have never been discovered before, on a shelf in the back on the left..." (Ms. Pants, that was for you, since I think you might be the only one who gets my obscure Eddie references like that...thank God for Eddie. I might need to watch him tonight, in fact. Pull me out of this foul mood.)

Gonna go curl up on the couch and try to convice the boyfriend to turn something other than "Band of Brothers" on now. Maybe have a cigarette and a glass of wine as well. Because I can. So nyah.

5 comments:

FaithsTwin said...

Just. Stop. With. The. Band of Brothers. Holy shit- talk about a downer.

Maybe my finding money is a Twin-thing...keep looking down. Ya never know! But if you find MORE than I did, I'll kick yer ass.

Rockstar said...

Interesting how we were both in foul moods yesterday! That just cracks me up! Hubby was paranoid that you guys were mad that we didn't do anything after sushi. I told hime to chill..

Faith said...

Oh, Rockstar, nothing to worry about there. I'm glad you guys were up for sushi, though! It's always nice to hang out and chat and catch up, even if it's only been a couple days since we saw you last...seems like something new is happening to you guys all the time! We went on a wine-buying mission after dinner. Bought 3 bottles that were under $9. (A couple of them are Italian reds, and it should be interesting to see if they suck or not...) Boyfriend also bought a bottle of port. Or rather "porto", as it's from Portugal. He's been wanting a bottle since we tried some at the winery in Michigan when we went to visit his parents, and we decided to start with the cheapest bottle, and then work our way up. He really likes it. He even had a glass earlier when I went grocery shopping. Which makes me think he likes the porto just a little *too* much, but it's a day off, and we're not going anywhere, so he can do what he wants, IMO. Anyway...

We had fun. Totally respect the foul mood thing. And as always, it was good to see you guys. :)

danelle said...

There is a little battery inside your computer that helps the clock keep correct time. (among other things.) Time to change it!
http://www.itc.virginia.edu/desktop/dci/timeloss.html

RockStar said...

Hubby says it is a bigger watch battery. I guess it didn't come with one. He could help you install if you need it!