Thursday, November 10, 2005

Just want to record this...

I'm officially freaking out about money. I have enough right now. But in about 3 weeks, my mortgage, cable, and cell bill will be due, and I won't have the cash to pay it if I don't get a ROCKIN' new job starting next week. (Rockin' = at least $14/hour, mind you...) On top of that, a few months ago, I made a deal with my dad...I asked him if I could make my car payment every 6 months, and in the meantime, I would be putting away the payment monthly into my savings account so I could earn interest on it instead. He agreed. And now I owe him $1800 on November 15th. If I do that, I only have $1,000 left in my savings account. And that's just ridiculous.

What do I do???? Freaking out. Freaking out. Freaking out...

I'm waiting to hear back from my temp company rep. She said she would find me something to start on Monday. She said she'd call me today, or Friday at the latest. Cross everything you have that she finds me something that works out. I just can't imagine what I'll do otherwise. I haven't heard back from anyone about my voice over demo yet...not that I expected I would, really. Apparently, it takes a lot of grunt-work on my part in order to be heard, according to the guy who made my recording. (He's been in the industry for about 25 years, so I trust his advice.) I have to call and follow-up, and make sure that they've listened to my demo, and hope that they'll give me a chance. It could take a good long time before anyone considers me, if they even take the time to listen to my demo, that is. Which they might not ever. Which is the sucky part of it all.

So, I guess I'll get back to cleaning my house, call my plumber to come and fix my rocky toilet (it must be done...it can't be put off, or I would. It's moving around every time I use it, which is rather frequently, of course), and then go and have a beer or two tonight and try to relax some before coming home and cooking dinner with the boyfriend. That's all I can do for now, really. Except sit and quietly freak out about money. *sigh!*

5 comments:

FaithsTwin said...

I'm gonna write an email instead. Too much to say.

Pensive Girl said...

hi again :)
my toilet rocks. what does this mean? seriously, what does this mean? and also, what about water from the bathroom sink that smells sometimes like sulfur?
is it our neighborhood?
-

Faith said...

Hi Jessi! Turned out, I could've tightened the bolts on the sides of the toilet, and it would've been fine. Apparently, some people tighten them too much, though, and crack the flange, or something. So if you try that method, be gentle. I was lucky...apparently, mine had become loose for natural, non-dangerous-to-the-subfloor reasons...it wasn't leaking. But it's tightened now, and my sink stopper is also fixed (it wouldn't go up and down with the plunger thingy behind the faucet, so I just removed that altogether, but the plumber fixed it so it works now, which is nice). I'm not sure what caused the toilet to rock in the first place. My theory is that I used to reach behind myself for toilet paper, due to where I had it placed in my bathroom (I don't know about you, but I have The Smallest Bathroom Ever, and therefore have no space to install a toilet paper holder...it's sad), and when I realized that I was shifting the toilet every time I reached for paper, I changed the location of the paper to it's current resting spot on the edge of my bathtub. Yes it's tacky when I have guests, but the ones that have come over haven't seemed to mind much.

My water doesn't smell like sulfer. So that might just be a special thing that happens to the houses on your block. Or perhaps it's the type of pipes you have in your house. Feel free to send me an e-mail at faithsista at yahoo dot com if you wanna chat more about this stuff. I'll be happy to recommend a plumber, if you need one, too. Mine's really cool. He and his son fight while they're working, but it's mostly funny, they're very reasonable about their charges, and they do a great job.

Anonymous said...

You COULD just sell your body...

Mortgage Center said...

Hi Thanks for your interesting blog. I also have a blog/site, covering mortgage calc related stuff. Feel free to visit my mortgage calc site.