Tuesday, November 29, 2005

My computer is evil and hates me...

Sorry for the lack of posting. The computer we have is acting up lately, and wouldn't allow me to turn it on at all yesterday. Tenacity and threats are the only thing that's gotten it up and running as of today, and it seems it's gonna need a trip to the doctor later to figure out what it's problem is, which sucks because then I'll be without a computer for at least 24 hours. No tech support over the phone? Nope. Apparently not. Oh well...

First things first: does anybody know the best way to keep a piece of a sectional couch from scootching itself around on a wooden floor? The corner piece of my couch continuously disengages itself from the little rubber thingies I put on it's wooden "feet", and then it starts sliding all over the fucking place. The little rubber thingies stay on the "feet" for about 2 months, and then they just lose their stick, or something, and the section is prone to moving about anyway due to it's position in the couch itself, and I'm starting to lose my mind over it, really. It's not easy to get under it in order to replace the rubber thingies, so simply sticking new ones on every couple of months isn't an option I'm willing to face just yet. I did come up with a brilliant idea (I thought, anyway) to tie the legs of the section that's moving to the legs of the sections that don't move right next to it, but that failed miserably. So I need new options. I'm gonna head to Home Depot later, I think, so lemme know whatcha think in the comments section ASAP, if you will. Gracias mucho.

Have a job possibility that is looking promising, but received a call yesterday from someone I sent my resume to a week or two ago, and have another interview on Wednesday now as well. I don't know which job is going to work out, if any do at all, but I'm seriously hoping that one of them pans out. Having no money (especially around the holidays) = suckage.

Not much else going on here. I've been incredibly bored over the last couple of days. Right now, I'm happy to be able to pay a bill or two online, move some more money from my savings to my checking, and update this here space with a new post, but that's about it. In my attempts to keep from worrying about my current situation so much, it seems I've sort of lobotomized for the time being. But hopefully that'll all be over soon. Because this boring ass version of myself is getting on my nerves.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there with the job search. I have spent looooong periods of time without a gig and it's tough, but it always seems like feast or famine. I'll be that this wave of interviews will produce something!

Have faith and hang in there!

Christy said...

What about putting your couch on top of some of those rubber mats they sell so your rugs don't slip on hardwood floor?

FaithsTwin said...

Seriously. Duct tape. Works like a charm.