Tuesday, December 06, 2005

For the sake of updating...

Not much going on. It's really, really cold out this week, which I decided to experience first hand today by cleaning up my yard a little bit. I had been planning on going to lunch with a girlfriend I hadn't seen in a while, but she called at about 9 to let me know she's come down with the flu, so that was out. So I popped out of bed at the ripe time of 10 o'clock, put on a sportsbra and some sweats, and then headed out to bundle sticks, rake leaves, and marvel at the amount of snot that can suddenly start running out of one's nose when it's exposed to 15 degree temps. That's right...it's fun, fun, fun all the time at Faith's house, yo!

I also decided to attempt to make my own spaghetti sauce today...it's really a marinara sauce, so it can be used on more than just spaghetti, but whatev. I tried the recipe out of my Joy of Cooking book, which unfortunately includes anchovies, so the boyfriend won't touch the sauce with a ten foot noodle, as he hates those things. I love them, though, so it's the ideal recipe for me. All in all, it's cheaper for me to buy the jars of sauce, but it's nice to know how to make the stuff. The recipe calls for too much oil, in my opinion, though, so the next time I make it, I'll use less. It turned out really good, overall, though. Very tomatoey and garlicy...fabu.

I'm quite pleased with the newfound abilities I've uncovered in the kitchen during this time off I've had. I've gotten rather good at sauteeing (how is that spelled? I don't know...), and making things from scratch. My croutons are beyond yummy. Can you sell a product that you make if you use a purchased product to make them? I find that my croutons are best made from either the sourdough bagettes I buy at the Walmart grocery store, or from the loaves of bread I buy from a company called Farm to Market that's local to Kansas City. Sourdough bread is the only kind I use any more. Anyway, the croutons are good. I can make about 5 cups of them from one bagette. And each bagette costs me a buck. I could sell 2.5 cups of croutons for $2.50, I bet. I wonder how much packaging would cost. Hmmm...

The job hunt continues. I'm still waiting to hear back on one, but I'm about to go out and start sending out resumes again, just in case. I need a job, though. Losing. My. Mind. I'm sooo bored much of the time, seriously! I guess I could read more. That'd be a good idea...

Ok, so I'm off to apply for more jobs. Hope everyone is having a great week thus far! For those of you that work Monday through Friday, you've almost reached the halfway point! Good times.

No comments: