Saturday, December 03, 2005

Not much to say, but I feel like writing.

Ever have this problem? I don't really have anything to say, but I feel like talking. Writing. Whatever.

I just went out and visited some old sites I hadn't been to in a while. Discovered that people I never expected to do so are linking me. That's nice to see. Don't know what to do with it yet, but it's nice to see. I don't feel obligated to link people's blogs simply because they link mine, as I don't feel people that I link on my blog should feel obligated to add me to their blogroll. But it's always fun to roll past a new blog or one I haven't visited in a while, and find that I'm being linked on their blog. Thanks to those that do. I hope everyone that wanders over here because of those links enjoy what they read!

I have some updates to shit that was happening last week, but due to the comments that are popping up in a nasty way here and there, and due to my desire to keep harassing phone calls to my house to a minimum, I'm gonna keep it all under my hat for now. I've updated a couple of you, and it's because I appreciated your feedback/advice. And your friendship and support. Not that I don't appreciate EVERYONE that reads and comments on my blog, but someone out there wants me to fail. And I don't know who it is, and I'm not quite sure if I ever want to know. But until I'm successful for SURE in this case, I'm gonna keep my cards close to my chest.

USC won tonight, and if I hear one more uninformed asshat making comments about their game against Texas in a month, I will challenge them to a stat fight, and possibly to step outside. Hee's something to keep in mind: You never know (a) if the girl in front of you at the bar is a USC fan, and (b) that she knows more about sports than you do. So here's my suggestion for the evening: If you're asking to watch an early-season KU basketball game against an unknown team called Eastern Illinois (the Leathernecks, according to a man at the bar earlier, which is an interesting bit of college mascot trivia for ya), and in doing so, are asking to have the t.v. in front of ME changed from the Virginia Tech/Florida State football game to play said game, do not be surprised when I interject and stop the bartender from doing so. And then don't be surprised when I continue to make comments about how the KU game is on the fucking big screen at the other end of the room, and you can watch it on that, fuckhead. Oh, and how about if you take your baby to a different spot OTHER than sitting at the goddammed BAR, where you and your friends are proceeding to get drunk while you wait for a table in the dining room. I'm watching two fucking IMPORTANT football games, mutherfuckah, and I certainly DON'T need your baby whining in my ear, nor do I need to hear you profess your opinion about how "that guy from Texas...what's his name? Something with a 'Y'" is going to win the Heisman over "that guy from USC". There are 2 guys from USC that are up for the Heisman, asshat, and they are both amazingly better (stat-wise, at least) when compared to "something with a 'Y'" from Texas, ok? Wanna go outside now? Or shall we discuss rushing touchdowns by QB's? Shall we discuss the fact that, no, Reggie doesn't have what you think "must be 500 yards at this point" in the game, but hell, he still did quite a job against UCLA tonight, and it seems everyone is gonna vote for him anyway? Shall we discuss that I KNOW MORE ABOUT SPORTS THAN YOU??? Not in front of the 8 month old you have sitting on the bar? She is a girl after all...do you think she'll care that you're a pussy? Ok, fine. We'll let it go then. Go watch your useless KU game in the dining room while I watch Florida State kick Virginia Tech's ass, and while I celebrate the victory ( as reluctantly as I must) of Georgia over LSU. (Someone had to beat them...I guess if it had to be Georgia, then that's fine.) Virginia Tech is 0-6 against Florida Sta...oh, you're wife is calling? Sorry...go have another Coors Light and enjoy the delightful chitter-chatter between the women about how your baby is gonna be a Guinness baby, why don't you? Oh, and try the fish with the pineapple salsa. It ROCKS!!

I'm so glad to be away from people tonight, its not even funny. I love being alone at home, waiting for the boyfriend to get here. It's a bit cold in the office, though, so I think I'm gonna go ahead and go into the living room, finish my beer and have another one, while I cuddle under the blankey and wait for the sound of the garage door opening in about a half hour...

G'night all! More update on good shit late on Monday, I'm sure. Thanks to all that have supported me and given me WONDERFUL advice lately!! Happy Sunday to everyone. Go Chiefs!

1 comment:

FaithsTwin said...

You know, since I don't even KNOW when the Chargers are playing anymore, I say, "GO Chiefs!" too. As far as the people with the baby in the bar? Not something to get worked up over, IMO. I wasn't there, though, so I'm sure you and I would have BOTH been worked up enough to make loud comments in unison. I dunno. There was an incident at Target the other night that included some punk skateboarders on one side of me and a table with a baby on the other side of me that made me literally grab allll my stuff, the girls stuff and get up and GO within about 3 seconds. I had completely HAD it with the din.