Friday, December 16, 2005

Soooo tired...

Boyfriend came bouncing into the bedroom at about 11:25 last night after he got off work. Unfortunately, I'd gone to bed at 10:40, so he woke me out of a sound sleep. He was saying something about changing the alarm, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why he wanted to change the code to the house alarm! Then I realized he meant the alarm clock, and I reminded him that I'm up at 6:30 anyway every day, and in fact this morning was going to be one of my early mornings when I get up at 5:20 to get on the treadmill. (FYI, I'm his alarm in the morning. He doesn't wake up when the alarm clock goes off...he's not very much of a morning person...)

But then I couldn't go back to sleep. My brain started working against me, and then I was itchy all over, and then I had a pain in my ankle, so at least I finally could justify taking a few Advil. When boyfriend finally came to bed (he had decided to sit and read a bit and have a glass of wine before coming in, I guess...), I was a bit whiny, and asked him if I'd done something to make him mad, since he'd slept sitting up on the couch the night before, and then he came in so late last night...he apologized for being neglectful of me lately, and told me that, no, I hadn't done anything to make him mad. I felt bad about being whiny, but told him that I was afraid we were turning into a situation where I like him more than he likes me. (Don't ask me why I thought that...I'm exhausted, and my brain is NOT on my side right now, seriously...) He assured me that he loves me more than ever. I whined on a bit more, but it's all irrelevant now, really. I kept telling him I was sorry for whining, and that I was just super-tired, and not able to sleep, which always puts me in a crappy mood. I'm pretty sure he understood. Weird thing? I think my whining turned him on. He got all touchy-feely at one point, and I had to shut him down, unfortunately. I couldn't possibly do sex the justice it deserved being as tired as I was. Uh-uh. I'm hoping he'll get back in that mood tonight...and perhaps a bit earlier than 12:45 a.m. We'll see...

Anyway, I'm tired today. It shows, apparently...the receptionist asked me what was wrong when I walked in. Given, I have to walk up a flight of stairs right before I get to her desk, and being as tired as I am, that wasn't especially my fave part of the morning, but I hate that I look haggard at all. I'm looking forward to a quiet night tonight...maybe a movie rental and some take-out that the boyfriend and I can bring home. Hope everyone has a great Friday!

No comments: