Thursday, January 12, 2006

Have I said this yet?

I love my new job. These people rock. They ROCK, yo!!!

(However, I have done something, yet again, to piss off my bowels. Maybe it was the shrimp stir-fry I had last night? All the veggies, or something? Perhaps my intestines are pissed that I didn't use any oil to cook the stir-fry, but did everything with chicken stock (low sodium at that) instead? I dunno. But after an early part of the week with lovely, perfect pooing happening, I am shocked that my body would treat me like this. SHOCKED! And that was just a side-bar for all of you who love to hear my poop stories. It's been at least 2 weeks...I felt it was time for one.)

My coworker just returned with all the snacks for the office that she bought at Costco. When she told me that she was going to buy snacks, I was picturing a few boxes of chips, maybe more Cheez Its, and another container of individually wrapped Twizzlers, maybe. But no. We are stocked to the GILLS with all different kinds of nuts (including, but not limited to: pistachios - which will make the boyfriend SUPAH jealous - macadamia nuts, AND cashews), an assortment of raisins, two different kinds of pita chips, a BUNCH of those little 100-calorie bag thingies, some more granola bars, some trail mix packets, chips, those little rice crispy treat thingies that I wish we'd had in stores when I was a kid, and many different chocolate assortments which includes Hershey's miniatures, and 5 pound bags of both regular AND peanut M&Ms. She asked for contributions to the Costco Snack Fund a couple of weeks ago, and I thought I would just be partaking in some Cheez It snack bags here and there, but had NO IDEA what kind of true bevy of snacks she picked up when she went. (OH! Did I mention the big bags of beef jerky? Yep, she got a couple of those too.) Anyway, I only gave her $5, which I'm sure will get me at least a couple of handfulls of nuts (I like the expensive kind...), and a bag or two of some other things. Next time I know to contribute more like $10, though. I'm not sure how often she needs to go and stock up on that stuff, but it seems like it might be a while. We have an awful lot of shit back there. And I never even noticed that the bottom drawer had ramen noodles and packages of Quaker oatmeal in it. So now I can grab breakfast here at times when I'm running really late.

I have found my new home. They couldn't make me leave if they tried.

Although they did buy a cake for someone's birthday that I can't eat because it's filled with a cheesecake center...I didn't even know they did that to cakes. Have you guys heard of this? If I could eat cheesecake, I'd SOOOO be all over that! But I can't. Probably a good thing, I suppose. I really need to stick to being good right now. In fact, I'll be avoiding the snacks (except for the nuts, because I love to snack on nuts...they're so filling!) for at least 2 weeks. Hopefully there'll still be some pita chips in the drawer when I hit it up. They are WAY less fattening than the Cheez Its I do so covet...

Ok, gotta get back to work. I have some books to bind, and the binding machine got fixed so it actually does the proper job now, which makes it so much more pleasant of a job to do! (By the way...mid-week weigh-in - which I don't usually do, because I'm very against the whole weigh-yourself-constantly mentality - yesterday told me that I'd lost 1.5 pounds already this week. So THERE Humana! Obese my ass.) (Heh.)

3 comments:

FaithsTwin said...

wow. That's a lot of food. Good thing we were built with such high levels of will power. Don't you think giving her MORE money next time will just yeild MORE crap? Just keep up with the $5 donation. If nothing else, at least you'll maybe not feel like you could eat as much because you haven't contributed that much.

Faith said...

I want the nuts. The nuts are probly the most expensive thing she buys. Macadamias, dude...MACADAMIAS!!! (Am I spelling that wrong? Oh well, in the immortal words of Uncle Fred from Sixteen Candles, "You don't spell it...you eat it!") And as we all know, a handful of nuts a few times a week is actually good fat. Now if I only had some guacamole to dip them into...

FaithsTwin said...

mmmmmmmMMMmmmm, nuts.

Our extraordinary will power lead me to eat french fries this afternoon during a hunger pang. FRENCH FRIES. Then I sat in a group of highly thin women trying to NOT look fat while watching the oldest do her gymnastics. Fuckin' sucked. I HATE this city...