Monday, January 09, 2006

Some random tidbits just for you!!!

A couple of thoughts that I had this morning on my way to work…

- Turkey bacon is yummy. Everyone should try it, and come to the realization that regular bacon is unnecessary. Turkey bacon is the shiznit, and it’s all we need.


- Why does Steve Bays from HotHotHeat sing like that? Why? The music is cool, and admittedly, his voice sounds kind of good sometimes, but then there are the times when it just doesn’t sound good and it makes my toes curl. Can someone help me out with the phenomenon that is Steve Bays’ voice? I appreciate that.


- How do people draw the line between what they use their assistants for, do you think? Seems like some people are more self-sufficient than others, and can figure out what they can/should do themselves, and that the petty things they ask assistants to do (i.e. create hanging files, printing things out, etc…) might not get done for quite some time, since the assistants might have, oh, I don’t know, REAL WORK to do?? Christ!


- Here’s the link to my latest photo album in Yahoo. It’s got the pics from my trip to Southbend back in November in it…cute pics of the boyfriend, his family, and the beach we visited in Michigan. And then there are a couple of random pics of things like me posing after I’ve gotten my hair done, my back porch during a thundersnow storm (kind of like a thunderstorm, but with snow – the flakes get REALLY big in a thundersnow storm…but it doesn’t tend to stick because it generally warms up a bit after it’s done), and my back porch after the really big snow we had a few weeks before Christmas. Enjoy. (And don’t ask me what the fuck is going on with the weird pixilation of clouds and lighter areas in the photos. The clouds in the photos at Lake Michigan in particular really bug me, because they show up so beautifully in the actual photos themselves. I took the photos with a disposable camera, so maybe that’s why the CD-ROM turned out the way it did? Weird…)


- Being non-dairy, I miss cheese on pizza the most. (Actually, I wouldn't consciously think that I miss the cheese on pizza, since I've always been more of an extra sauce kind of girl, but the only dairy I find myself craving is cheese on pizza...so that's why it's #1 on my list.) After that, its ice cream I miss almost as much. I don’t miss much of anything else, really. Ooh! Sour cream. I really do miss sour cream…maybe I’ll try to start slowly reintroducing some small amounts of dairy into my diet. I ate some sour cream over the weekend (I know…I’m terrible!), and while it threw my body for a teeny loop the morning after, I haven’t seemed to break out from it yet. I hope I don’t! *crosses fingers!*


- Oh wow! I just had a mouth full of apple, and thought I was going to sneeze. That’s one of my top ten worst anxiety things in my life…having a mouth full of something and then realizing you need to sneeze. Thankfully, it doesn’t happen very often. Because immediately, I start to freak out trying to decide what to do…do I swallow really quickly, regardless of how much chewing still needs to occur in order to get the food safely down my throat? Do I just go ahead and sneeze, and hope that the Kleenex will catch anything that flies out of my mouth? What if I don’t have time to grab a Kleenex? WTF do I do then? See…anxiety. I hate it.


So I send you off with that today…try not to sneeze with a mouthful of apple. It’ll just make a mess, and no one needs a mess…

9 comments:

FaithsTwin said...

Yay!!! Heair looks good. :)

Why can't we miss things like dried apricots or rice cakes? It's always gotta be the stuff we REALLY can live without.

My morning sucks! WoohOOOO! Read email. You will understand. For the rest of you, I dropped a main, VERY IMPORTANT appliance while moving it this morning and now it doesn't work. I can't live without it. So if the twin thinks living without cheese sucks? Try living without the massive appliance I dropped this a.m. :(

Faith said...

Dude, just order another vibrator. Damn.

FaithsTwin said...

seriously.

Faith said...

The hair in that one pic was from the last time I had it done, by the way. It's still that same color this time, of course, but it's a bit shorter and choppier now that it has the proper layers in it.

And calling a vibrator a "massive appliance" is going a bit far, dontcha think? I mean, come one. How big can it be? (DON'T answer that, btw...please.)

Alisha said...

Non-dairy sour cream from the health food store!

Faith said...

Sista, I hate that stuff! There are two things that I have tried that should NEVER have had a non-dairy version of themselves made. They are non-dairy sour cream and non-dairy cream cheese. I've had them both, and they are minions of Satan. It's been a while, though, so perhaps improvements have been made. Non-dairy yogurt isn't too bad, but it's not good enough for me to purchase any more...plus, it's expensive. But the sour cream that I remember trying a while ago (again, we're talking about 5 years or so) was bitter and nasty and soooo not worth purchasing. Bleh!

They have come a long-ass way in the non-dairy cheese area, though (the parmesan I buy is lying, I know it...it tastes so real!), so maybe I need to give it another go with the sour cream? I'm kinda scared to, though...

FaithsTwin said...

Ummm, no. My vibrators are nice and petite, thankyouverymuch. They're very sensitive appliances, though! However, as you well know, I was speaking about my t.v.- and I have to say, sadly enough, tv's should be able to sustain the same amoutn of abuse that a vibrator can and still keep on ticking! But, no, MY t.v. happens to be so sensitive that falling 5 inches from an upright position to flat on its screen jammed it enough so that it now is non-functioning. Fuckin' stupid appliance.

Faith said...

Ok, had to delete a comment before this one. Anyone find any other bullshit propaganda about Moxie in my comments, please let me know. I love Joelle and Kathy, and don't want to be any part of a smear campaign against them. Thanks!

Disposable Cameras said...

Hey there! I'm out blogging and found yours! I have to admit, you have a very well put together blog here!

Regards,
Disposable Camera