Thursday, January 05, 2006

Well, that was helpful!

Ok, found the way to get past the blues of watching your team lose a championship game (which also meant me losing $100, mind you...) - take TWO Advil Cold & Sinus tablets at the same time! Shit, I didn't care about anything except trying to focus my brain for the past couple of hours. Woo!

Now I'm a bit woozy, of course, but it was worth it, I think.

Then, my coworker brought me a CD-ROM filled with a bunch of pictures from their holiday party they had before I started, which also doubled as a going away party for the chick that I replaced, it seemed. Holy hell, these people are fun! Body shots? Coworkers touching the tips of their tongues to each other? (Femal coworkers, that is...) I had found a folder in the company's shared drive that has a bunch of photos in it from what must've been last year's holiday party during my first week here, when I was fishing around getting familiar with where we kept things. It was a revealing trip through that certain drive, is all I can say. Well, I can also say that I saw one of my new bosses without his shirt on in several of the pictures, but I prefer to try to delete that from my memory, if possible, so I don't wanna bring it up. Even though I just did. Dammit.

Anyway, the day is looking up. I've kept severely busy, had lunch with a few of the coworkers, and am still in the middle of a ton of work, which is nice. And it's FUN work, at that! Creation of marketing materials is hands down my new favorite thing to do when it comes to working. I dig it, fo sho.

But I also wanna mention this: how the hell did I not wind up on Tony's bloggy award list? Is it because I'm such a bitch and a pain in his ass? Could be. Oh well! (I do agree with his choices...except for Superficial as the most entertaining. I do find the chick VERY entertaining, believe me. I love it when she posts new stuff! But the problem is that she doesn't post often enough. Post more, sista!! POST MORE, DAMMIT!!! Pretty please?)

FYI - saw Lazlo last night at the Moose, along with his sidekick Slimfast. I didn't recognize him...one of the servers mentioned it, and so I chatted with them both a bit when they came to the bar to have a couple of cigarettes, and they wound up using the ashtray on our table as we talked. I was a bit embarassed, as he had to clarify a rule for me at one point (I didn't realize that in college ball, you don't have to have both feet inbounds in order to receive a ball legally. So that interception that happened in the endzone when the Texas defender had one foot in and one foot out? Yeah, I made a fool of myself during that...), but he wasn't a dick about it and I thought was nice. And while I don't really care that I saw Lazlo and Slimfast - I was way too caught up in the game to break away and discuss my issues with their programming choices - my point to this whole paragraph is to say that I understand that the Texas defender managed to get an interception with that reception half in/half out of bounds. But my problem with the call overall was that they called it a touchback. The ball never crossed the plane of the end-zone...it was out of bounds when his hands wrapped around it. So I felt they should have started that drive at the 1/2 yard line, and not the 20. Dumbass refs.

You like how random this post is? Yeah, coming down off of Advil Cold & Sinus is this sheit, muthafuckas! Give it a try, you'll see what I mean. I need more Diet Coke now...bah!

2 comments:

P. McB. said...

Tony didn't mention superficial plaza chick either, it's an entirely different weblog.

Faith said...

Well dayum! I'm glad you pointed that out, p. mcb. I assumed. And we all know that assuming just makes an ass out of me. :P Oops!

I still think Superficial Plaza Chick is entertaining. And wish she'd have the time to blog more often.