Friday, February 24, 2006

By the way...

I went to Walmart last night to buy some lawn & leaf bags as I plan on doing yard work this weekend, and as I was searching through that monstrosity for the location of the aisle of trash bags, I came across the Easter section. Seems a bit early for Easter shit to me, so without thinking, I said, "Christ!" out loud, and then had to giggle at the appropriateness of my blaspheme. It was funny...ok, it was funny to me. Shut up.

Also, I just got an e-mail from the Twin that told me that my dad has a bad cold. Now, this might sound like a non-alarming thing to most other people, and I understand that. But my dad has a disease called pulmonary fibrosis, so for him to have a cold of any kind is really not cool at all. (His brother died of the disease about 2 and a half years ago after he caught a flu bug, which then became pnemonia, and he was unable to recover from it.) And while I'm sure that he's taking all the necessary steps toward getting himself better ASAP, I don't think it would hurt to send him a bit of good juju over the next few days.

You know, in my last post, I was considering voodoo curses, and here I am asking for good juju...maybe I need to reevaluate my religion choice at this point, eh? Time for me to become a witch, maybe? Hmm...

Thanks everyone! I love my dad, and want him to stick around as long as possible, obviously, and while positive thoughts can't be medically proven to actually have an effect on someone's health, it can't hurt, right? =)

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Sending positive thoughts regarding your dad... :)

Also, your blaspheme WAS rather appropriate.