Friday, February 03, 2006

A couple of weird things...

- When I take the Tylenol Sinus - Severe Congestion medication I have for the sinus headaches I get, my choocha (a.k.a. my taco, for those of you unfamiliar with the term "choocha") smells like acetaminophen for a few hours afterwards. What does acetaminophen smell like when it's being emitted by the chooch? Well, it's hard to describe. But it's not good. Nope...not good at all. Kind of like band-aids and pickles and...well, do you need any better description than that? OH! And when I have my P and have to replace feminine products now and again while this lovely scent is being put forth from my loins, my life is complete, lemme tell ya. Last night, every time I had to pee (and the one time I needed to change the fem. product), it was quite a treat. Yep...a treat indeed.

- Since I have been at my new job, I have been presented with no less than 3 other job possibilities. This kind of pisses me off, as I spent the entirety of November roaming around wondering if I would ever be useful to anyone ever again, and cried a whole lot because I felt so cruddy about it. I gained at least 8 pounds in November, thankyouverymuch. Anyway, the third one came today, in the form of my old temp company calling me to find out if I would be interested in working for the company I worked for at the end of the summer for 2 months. They have an accounting position open, of all things. Now, I learned MS Access specifically so I could go and earn $12 goddam.50 an hour at that company, and I have NO accounting experience at all outside of the basic accounting shit that an admin must do in their day-to-day life, and while I liked it there enough, I wouldn't be able to do that shit full time. Well, depending on the salary they wanted to pay me, that is. But since I have found The Most Perfect Job Ever at The Most Fun Company Ever, I feel quite lucky that these offers are happening when they are. It must be for a reason, I figure.

- I have to express my utter amazement at one thing: my boyfriend can go for days without showering, and he doesn't smell bad. It's so weird!!! He hasn't showered since last Saturday (for those of you that're counting, that'd be 6 days now without a shower), and while 2 of the days since then have been spent pretty much loafing on the sofa reading his goddammed Harry Potter nonsense, 4 of the days have been spent in a kitchen, cooking and prepping and yelling and stressing about shit.

If I went for 6 days without a shower, and just came to my pretty sedentary, motionless job day in and day out, I would smell like a horse at the end of it all. A horse that had travelled far and wide while carrying a 250 pound load on it's back through a hot and steamy landscape, stopping now and again to enjoy a roll in some dirt, or perhaps some shit on the side of the road.

So how does he do it, I wonder? (The better question of WHY does he do it has been asked many times over, and stubborn ass that he is, I think he goes for long periods of time between showers now just because I bug him about it...which is sooooo not endearing of him, lemme say.) I'm not sure if he has special sweat glands that allow him to actually freshen as he sweats, or what. But Lord KNOWS he must be sweating, and I just don't understand how that works, exactly. I mean, his feet smell like DEATH at the end of the day. I escaped to the bedroom earlier than usual one night last week, they were smelling so icky. But in the morning, it's like some sort of fairy has come during the night and sprinkled him with clean-up dust, or something, because the stench is gone, and he doesn't smell.

Very. Confusing.

Also, for those of you that might wonder, the hole in his tooth is still there, he's never gotten it fixed, and it is eating the boyfriend alive I just know it. I worry about it, but I try not to too much because it's his mouth and not mine. All I can do is ask him to please try to make his breath smell prettier, and that's that. I just don't understand someone completely disregarding their health in such a way, is the thing! I understand fear. I understand being willing to put up with some pain. But it's gone on too long, and it HAS to stop at some point, right? I don't know. I'm afraid that if I assert myself into the issue much more than I have, it'll literally chase him away, and that's not what I want, so I leave it alone much of the time. But I care about him, and want him to be happy and healthy, and it's hard for me to deal with, and I've been wanting to say this all for a long time but I've kept it inside because I don't want to violate the boyfriend's privacy (some of our friends read this blog), but I can't keep it in any longer! I almost think an intervention is necessary, or something! I can't do this alone, you know? Maybe if I talk to his mom when she's in town in a couple of weeks. God, I wonder if she can help me with this. She must be concerned too, right? That might be the best course of action...ok...glad I talked it out.

Man! I didn't know that was all in me wanting to come out! Sorry for the spewage. Gotta get back to work now, of course...Jeezy!

No comments: