Thursday, February 09, 2006

Ho hum...

For my birthday, I made a dinner (and the sauce I made went horribly wrong! But it still tasted ok, so that was nice...), put together the new cabinet that I ordered from Crate & Barrel a couple of weeks ago which just arrived yesterday which was perfect as it was my birthday and ohmygod I love it!, and then moved some things around to accomodate the new piece of furniture, as it was replacing a set of "shelves" that were meant to be temporary when I bought them 2 years ago to store certain things in my kitchen. Boyfriend and I went to bed at around 11:30, or so, and I got my birthday whammy just as I had hoped I would, and I was asleep by 12:15 I believe.

I had planned on sleeping in this morning. Loads of the people I work with are at a seminar today, so it was supposed to be pretty quiet much of the day, which makes it a perfect day to follow up a late night of celebrating, IMO. But my alarm was all wonky this morning, and instead of waking me up at 7 a.m. like I asked it to, it went off earlier than that, it seems. I snoozed the first time, but then I got up after that snooze alarm went off, and went in and got dressed in my workout clothes, and then headed into the bathroom for a pee and to put in my contacts. And that's when I saw that it was only 6:45. Perfect. So why did my alarm go off at 6:30? I dunno. Weird shit has been happening around the house lately. Maybe someone is trying to communicate with me right now. I really wish they'd stay the hell away from my alarm clock, dammit.

Anyway, it was a lovely birthday, thank you ALL for the birthday wishes, and I hope to continue the celebration accordingly for the next week or so. Boyfriend brough me home a great big bouquet of roses and gerber daisies (my fave!) as well as a gift certificate for a pedicure for a salon that I haven't visited yet because it's too damned expensive. He's just the sweetest! He even made me an appointment for the pedicure! Unfortunately, I have a hair appointment that starts about a half hour before he booked my pedicure on the same day at a different salon, so I'm hoping they have time for me a bit earlier in the day. Pampering yourself for your birthday should ALWAYS be a must-do activity, I think. Nothing better than feeling as pretty as possible as you recognize the fact that you're one year older. ;)

Dammit...my foot fell asleep. I HATE it when that happens!

I must be off. Loads of work to do, and I wanna be out of here by 6 tonight, so I can maybe go get a beer at the Moose tonight to celebrate my b-day some more. Woo!

1 comment:

Lushy said...

Happy belated birthday!