Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Continuing with the boring...

So I ate Chipotle for lunch, but did it in a new way - I got a chicken "burrito bol" with black beans, fajita veggies, mild salsa, lettuce, and guacamole (and YES, for the gazillionth time, I KNOW IT COSTS EXTRA! CHRIST...), and asked them to hold the rice. It was very filling. And although the guacamole adds a significant jump in calories and fat, it's the good for you kind, so I tend to get it now and then. It's not like I was eating an order of fries or a fucking donut, so it's all good.

I love using the Chipotle Nutritional Info calculator in order to whip up all kinds of different combos of things, and seeing if they fit into my daily needs. My little concoction today added up to 649 cals and 35 grams of fat, and after calculating the fiber in the carbs, only about 28 carbs. Nice. I should have done it without the guac, though. That would have taken it down to 479 cals and 20 grams of fat. Much more reasonable. But whatev. I'll eat light tonight.

The chick in front of me in line heard me order and said, "That's what I should've done...I'm being a pig today! I don't even want to think about how many points are in the tortilla alone." Now, I don't know why she assumed I was a Weight Watcher, but maybe it's because I'm a big girl, and/or she just figured I should be on it if I'm not. Whatev. But we chit-chatted about sodium and how many calories there would be in my dish if I'd left off the guac and how caffeine is her biggest nemesis all the way to the end of the line, and then she paid, and got out of there, and I paid, and got my soda and left, and I'll probably never see her again, but I love it when that sort of thing happens.

Now, on to important things...

I'm wondering how many more times the whole "Oops, I did it again" thing can be used in relation to Britney Spears at this point. Yes, most headlines are rather general variations of it, now that I'm sure everyone is as tired of it as I am, but they're still doing it is the problem. Yes, she had a song that lends itself to being used as a tag-line, and yes, she's done a few things a couple of times in a row now that it can be used for (marriage, endangering her first child, and now the whole prego again thing and all...), but newsflash for ya: IT'S GODDAMMED OLD AT THIS POINT! Jeezy! She can go live on the same island I wanna send Tom Cruise, Michael Jackson, and David Blaine to, as far as I'm concerned. Having those people as far away from natural society as possible is the key to world peace, I'm sure of it. Let's just give it a 6 month trial run to test my theory, ok? That's all I'm asking for, really. Just 6 months...it's not much, right? Can I start a petition for this sort of thing, do you think?

I have been waiting with baited breath for some sort of commentary from Maine on the subject of the new Burger King burger that's been released to the world (a.k.a. the Texas Double Whopper) and he finally has a post up that's related to that very subject today. I agree with him on the commercial. I think it's funny, if a bit sexist, but I find a lot of sexist things funny when I think about it. Hm. Am I a man, and I don't know it? I might need to get that checked out...

And that's it. Gotta pee, need more water, and need to get back to The Map That Has Become My Very Nemesis here at work. Hate, hate, HATE the map! Almost done with it, though, and the victory of having it over and done with will taste sweeter than most things ever have, I tell you. How's THAT for an ending to a crappy post? :D

3 comments:

Lushy said...

I thought David Blaine said he would hold his breath for nine minutes or die trying. He didn't hold his breath for nine minutes. Am I to assume that he is now dead?

Faith said...

My irritation with it is that (a) he didn't die trying, and (b) I've heard he plans on trying again. When he hasn't done something stupid like live in a bubble filled with saltwater for several days prior to doing so.

The guy's an idiot. End of story. I haven't found him even remotely entertaining for many years now. And it bugs the shit out of me that stations like ABC think that televising his bullshit attempts at weird and wacky acts of idiocy is actually what their viewers would consider entertainment. (Sorry to those of you who chose to watch it as it unfolded the other night. I'm not sure what night it was on, actually. I seriously do not know why anyone would want to watch it, when it comes down to it...)

"The D" said...

I agree with everything you said. That burger is a big as my fucking head!