Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Please approach.

I went to yoga last night, and appear to be one with the world again...for now. No telling when things will backfire again, though. I'm gonna try keeping up with my vitamins a bit better than I have been lately, and see if that doesn't help.

See, the weird thing is that it's not like I'm pissed at or about any one thing in particular. Or in general, for that matter! I've just been on the quick side of irritable lately for apparently no reason at all. And while that may seem easy to explain for some, it's not for me. I tend to have a bad day here or there. But not several bad days in a row. It's been bothersome to say the least, and I'm hoping that the mood I woke up in today (i.e. a good one) will last longer than just a few hours.

On another note, is it normal for those who cut back on carbs a bit (therefore increasing the amounts of fiber the body gets, naturally) to get a bit, um...loose more often than not? It makes sense, I guess. I've been doing ok on my lower carb attempts. Monday, had egg whites and veggie sausage for breakfast, banana for a snack, a Wendy's grilled chicken sammich and a few fries for lunch, and then some fish tacos for dinner. Probably had a total of about 200 - 250 carbs that day. Yesterday I had a bagel for breakfast, some wheat berry for lunch, and rice with dinner, so that would have been about a 175 carb day. It's making a difference in my digestion, it seems.

Oh, wait. I forgot that I had a snack pack of Chex Mix yesterday for a snack in the morning (I was just so hungry yesterday, for some reason!), and there are a hefty amount of carbs in those things. So I really had about a 225 carb day yesterday. Hm. This isn't making any sense, so I'm gonna stop thinking about it now.

The boyfriend has been on a downloading kick lately. He ran out of cash until he got paid on Tuesday, though, so there was a bit of a break from it over the weekend. But over the past week I have received the Yeah Yeah Yeah's, both Dresden Dolls albums (I like the second one - or the most recent one - better. On the first one, I find it hard to hear her on most of the songs, and it bugs me a bit. She has such a cool voice! I wanna hear the voice!!!), and last night he pulled together the Morningwood album for me. It's been fun. And apparently Morningwood was a good deal, for some reason, so that's nice. The only problem I have with the downloading is that he creates cd's for me and I don't have the list of the songs in the case along with it, so I don't know the titles of them. This hasn't ever really bothered me a great deal, though, as I usually refer to liking certain tracks on a cd as opposed to knowing the actual song names, but for some reason it still bugs me to not have them for reference. I'm weird like that, though.

The puppy had her first official visit with her new vet yesterday. She weighs a whopping 7.7 pounds, apparently, so that's a healthy amount of growth in the 5 weeks that she's been with us, I think! She got the shots she needed, and we have a new calendar of when we need to get things taken care of in the future, along with several handouts about how to deal with biting issues that puppies have, training classes they offer at the vet's office, and all that sort of good stuff. I think we should be able to afford the training classes in June, hopefully. Depends on how much work my house needs from the handyman I'm gonna call, and how big of a bonus I receive at the end of that month. It should be a good size, so I'm hoping that $90 for a training class will be doable.

This morning, while in the shower, I had a good topic to discuss today, I swear. I didn't have anything to write it down on, though, and of course that means that I forgot what it is, dammit. Oh well. Maybe it'll come to me later. But in the mean time, let me apologize for the boringness. Carry on, now...

3 comments:

lyn said...

all that music is good. very cool. the first dresden dolls is hard to get unless you see them live. if they are stopping in your town when they are on tour with panic! at the disco, i highly suggest that you go. very good show.

p.s. did you notice that i set up guest blogging?

Mona Buonanotte said...

If you go on the Atkins diet, the first two weeks your goal is 20 grams of carbs a day, from veggies mostly (cheese and eggs have 1 gr). For those two weeks, you don't poop hardly at all, and when you do, it's like heavy-atom poop...little rabbit pellets that weigh statistically more than they should.

TMI. Yes. But just a heads-up.

Faith said...

Oh, I could never do Atkins. I'm trying to stay between 100 - 200 grams a day. And the ones that I'm eating are from whole grain sources, if possible, like brown rice and wheat berry, or from veggies and fruits.

Atkins isn't a healthy choice IMO. My mom died of liver cancer, and I feel that taxing any one organ within my body over others isn't a good idea with my family's medical history. I like to stay as balanced as possible.

But that's good info to know about what happens to ones poop when on Atkins. Makes sense, too. Bleh. Constapation sucks. (Constipation? Whatev...)