Wednesday, June 21, 2006

(Almost) All clear!

Ok, so I didn't need to have a biopsy performed, thank God. The doctor didn't see anything on the surface of the cervix that made him worry, and while there might be things hiding further up, he's more inclined (due to my reliability with keeping up with my annuals every year, as well as the general health of my hooha every year when I get my pap, plus the whole "no insurance, and I'm paying for all of this myself, dammit" thing) to just have me come back for another pap in 6 months and see what's going on then. It was a low grade abnormality anyway, so he said that with something like that, it would take about 10 - 15 years for any kind of cervical cancer to develop, and with me being good about keeping my appointments every year, he's not worried that something will develop undetected, or whatever.

Again, he's a really good guy, and a very good doctor, so I trust his opinion a great deal. And I'm really glad it's all over, and I don't have to keep shelling out money to their office every week! The billing lady gave me a 20% discount on yesterday's appointment (it was $204, but I only paid $164 and some change...again, not sure what makes the variance in price on the exam, really. It was later in the day, so maybe I wasn't as "fresh" as I'd hope to be for those sorts of things. Also, the doctor had a hard time finding my cervix...apparently, it's shy. So maybe that hikes the price up, too...), so that was helpful. They're all really nice there. It makes it easier to deal with when people aren't being all sterile and assholeish about it, you know?

So that's done. *Whew!*

Thanks to everyone for being so supportive throughout the last week, when I've been everything from scared out of my wits to depressed and pissy to just plain lackadaisical about the whole thing. It was exhuasting emotionally, and I hope I don't have to go through something like that again anytime soon.

Tonight, I start "hot yoga" with my coworker. There's this yoga place in town that just moved to a new, bigger facility, and they're offering 5 classes for just $30 for brand new students like myself. I'm excited and a bit worried. My coworker said that in hot yoga, they keep the room heated to 110 degrees, to which I say, "Wha's that? Come again? WTF?" But apparently, it's a really good feeling to sweat that much shit out of your body all at once. I think I'd better take a beach towel with me...I sweat pretty badly as it is in a normal, 75 - 80 degree yoga class. I can only imagine the sweating that will happen in this class! I'm looking forward to it, though. I haven't been very good about working out over the past couple of weeks, and I got sore muscles in my ass and legs from simply giving the dog a bath on Sunday night, so yeah...been too lethargic, it seems. I do love me some yoga!

I'm not in an entertaining mood this morning, I think, so I'd better be off and getting some actual work done. Happy Wednesday, all!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I used to do hot yoga religiously before I blew out my knee. It was great stuff, just drink LOTS AND LOTS of water before you go.

I may have to start doing it again, provided my new and improved knee holds up.

Congrats on youp P&P not being big and hairy. Having indoor plumbing sometimes sucks.

lyn said...

hooray that everything is cool.

and that yoga class sounds awesome.

p.s. there's a shop in l.a. that started selling team aniston and team jolie tees. i'm not a jen fan at all, never have been. i don't think i'm alone in that as those comments proved...

Xavier Onassis said...

See? Nothing's ever as bad as you think it will be.

Trust me. I'm a Grand Master at worrying about shit. Not that I ever do anything about it. Just worry.