Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Coworker Conversations

I like the variety of people I get to work with here at my new job...most of them seem to get my sense of humor, and that's a very good thing, since I can be kind of hard to deal with unless they do get it, IMO. I've been pretty busy for the last couple of days, and my brain is mush at this point, so what I thought I'd do is share a couple of e-mail conversations that I have with some of my favorite coworkers. One of them made the Twin laugh, it seems, so hopefully they're mildly entertaining. They've GOT to be more entertaining than any original info I could pull out of my brain today, so enjoy...

*********************************

Coversation between newbie coworker who I work with the most on projects. He'd sent an e-mail to the wrong person, which started us on the following tangent:
Coworker: Not sure why I sent that to her.....
Me: My brain is on hold today with certain things, too. I just ate some veggies, and hoped that would help somehow.
Coworker: I thought you said you had a wedgie
Me: It's a good thing you have a little boy. Perhaps, when he's older of course, he'll be someone you can count on to appreciate "your kind" of humor.
Coworker: clearly can't count on you to support me in my quest for humor........
Me: Well wait a minute, now...if you need help with humor, you've probably done the best thing you could've ever done in coming to me for help with it! I'm very funny.

Shut up.
Coworker: funny looking yes, but funny? eh
Me: See, that's what I'm talking about right there, man. Not too funny. It's what us kids refer to as "dad humor". My dad has it too. I think every dad catches it at some point or another, but you just got the short end of the stick and got it a bit sooner than most, it seems.

I can give you my dad's number, and you guys can crack each other up some Sunday afternoon, how's that sound?
Coworker: why do you have to accuse me of having a short stick?

*********************************

Another "conversation" we had followed me exlaiming one day at about 2 p.m. that I was shocked that I hadn't had a single e-mail come across since 9:30 that morning. Here's what followed:
Coworker: [blank e-mail]
Coworker: [blank e-mail]
Coworker: [blank e-mail]
Coworker: [blank e-mail]
Coworker: [blank e-mail]
Coworker: [blank e-mail]
Coworker: [blank e-mail]
Coworker: [blank e-mail]
Me: Don't make me touch your monkey. (It should be helpful to know that he has a silly monkey in his cubicle that makes a monkey yelping sound and wiggles it's legs all around when it's squeezed in it's crotch region. It was apparently something he "earned" through the Christmas party gift exchange we had this year.)
Coworker: Yes ma'am.

*********************************

The other coworker I tend to have conversations with via e-mail is the receptionist at the other end of the office. Here's the one we had a couple of days ago:
Receptionist to entire office: Is anyone missing a fax from the Johnson County District Attorney?
Me to receptionist only: I'm not missing a fax, but I seem to have misplaced the million dollars that I swear I had on me when I came in today. If you find that, let me know, kay? Thanks!
Receptionist: Ya, I found that. I asked around. . . no one claimed it so I went ahead and gave it to charity. Sorry about that!
Me: Oh, yeah right! You found a million bucks and you gave it to charity. Um, what would that charity be called? "The Associated Fund for [receptionist's] Sunday Fundays"? Smarty-pants. :P
Receptionist: That's it!! How did you know! Great organization, your donation was greatly appreciated!

*********************************

So I hope that was fun for all of you. I need to go and kill myself with work again today, so see y'all later!

No comments: