Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Recent News Faves

Oh my God...what was a 6 year old doing on a ferris wheel BY HIMSELF??? I don't care how tall a kid is, if they're younger than 12, they shouldn't be on a ride by themselves, particularly one as free-seating as a ferris wheel. Damned carnies...

I don't know if I'm amused or just annoyed with Mark Cuban at this point. But I think I'm leaning more towards agreeing with Mike Kahn , and I want to tell the Mavs to just shut up, already. CHRIST! Funny how they don't make nearly as much noise about officiating when they actually win a game, eh? Juvenile retards...

This story sort of made me laugh yesterday. And my immediate thought at the headline of "Naked Intruder Beats Up Woman" made me think, "Um, excuse me? Some naked guy breaks into my home and then tries to beat me up? Is he kidding? His junk is right out there for the kicking and or grabbing with my long nails, and he thinks he's going to get away with attacking ME? I don't THINK so!" But then I saw that he woke her up by hitting her on the head with a vase, and I realized he wasn't playing fair. It wound up being a good thing for her that he was basically just a huge cockroach, and he ran away when she turned on the light. Very weird story, overall. Makes me want to make sure the boyfriend understands what I mean when I tell him to please lock the doors before he comes to bed. Sometimes, he interprets my request as, "Please leave the doors unlocked, so anyone can walk in the house if they want to." One time, he actually interpreted my request as, "Hey, leave the back door to the porch open a smidge, so robbers that are being discreet and are trying to enter the house from behind so as not to be noticed from the street can actually get in without making any noise at all, ok? Thanks hon!" I keep trying to explain to him that if I tried to make an insurance claim on missing items, and part of the police report actually says "home-owner did not lock doors", I might have a bit of trouble getting any pay out from my insurance company that way. It might be even tougher if I've been attacked and killed in my sleep by a raving lunatic as well. I dunno. Maybe I'm being too hard on him sometimes.

Then again, maybe I need to take a harder stand on the locked-door thing. Perhaps I could get some "pointers" from this woman. (Sorry...bad joke. Couldn't be helped, really.)

Today is my appointment for the colposcopy with the gyno, so wish me luck and think good thoughts and all that. I got my bill for the tests that I had them run when I was in there last (for ghonorrhea and chlamydia) when I went home last night, and each test cost $98, so probably not the best choice to have it done on my part. So send money on top of the good thoughts, if you wanna. (Nah...just kidding...I'm getting a bonus at the end of this month that should help pay for a lot of this shit. You know, because I didn't want to use it for anything else, or whatever.) So far this month, I've given about $500 to my gyno office/the lab they use for tests, and today I'll have the opportunity to give them even more! I'm soooo excited! Fuck!

I'd also like to let everyone know that this blog is being considered for the "Best of..." issue of The Pitch this year. I answered some questions via e-mail yesterday, and while I'm not sure when the issue comes out, I have to say that I'm really pleased that they're considering me for it. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

I need to get moving, though...short day today, due to The Procedure, so I've got a lot to cram in before I leave. Have a good day, everyone!

4 comments:

Mona Buonanotte said...

"I got a lot to cram in before I leave"...and some stuff to 'cram in' once you get to the dr.s office.

G'luck with all that! I'm awaiting the day when insurance says, "have a colonoscopy!" Because that sounds like oodles of fun.

Kristine said...

You always crack me up. I love the line about that guy just being a big ol cockroach. LOL.

Hope the procedure went well today. I HATED having that done. Sending good thoughts...

Xavier Onassis said...

Dangit!! Mona beat me too it!

Alisha said...

Congrats on the Pitch, that is SO cool!