Tuesday, June 13, 2006

This day gets better and better...

My gyno office just called me. My pap from last week came back abnormal and showing some signs of things that need to be investigated on my cervix. Awesome.

Now I get to go in and have my gyno (who really is a very nice, really cool guy) look at my cervix with a tool the nurse refered to as being like binoculars. And if he finds anything, then he'll do a biopsy.

Great. I'm soooooo looking forward to that.

I know that this is actually a very common procedure, and it's nothing to be afraid of, and it's not really that. It's that I don't have the money for this. I asked the nurse that called me to please have the billing lady call me and let me know how much the procedure will cost with biopsy and without, so I know how much to pull out of my savings for it.

I mean, dayum. Can't a chick catch a break? Christ!

6 comments:

Hunny said...

Sorry to hear that you have to go back to the Doctor's. I hate them! My most recent visit had me in tears. I am now on 3 new medications, on top of the 6 others I take. It sucks!
On top of that depending on how they affect me, I might loose my driving privilages!
So count your blessings.
Hugs
Hunny

Xavier Onassis said...

I'm not a gynocologist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Now just relax....

Sorry. Dark humor.

I'm sure it will be fine.

Appendages crossed and Good Vibes Amp set to 11.

It doesn't get any better than that!

Faith said...

"...this one goes to 11."

Thank you, XO. I appreciate the crossed appendages. Hopefully, I won't have an anuerism while (a) waiting to hear back from the billing lady about how much this is all gonna cost me, and (b) wondering what's wrong with my girlie parts!

As always, I'll be sure to keep y'all informed. Likely with too much detail involved...

Mona Buonanotte said...

Don't freak out until the next lab results come back. And don't freak out even when they do. Our femme parts are squirrelly lil buggers....

Xavier Onassis said...

Faith,

"Hopefully, I won't have an anuerism while (a) waiting to hear back from the billing lady about how much this is all gonna cost me"

I swear to The Flying Spaghetti Monster, this is true. I once heard a paramedic telling someone who was refusing an ambulance to the hospital (for fear of the cost), "Hey! You NEED to see a DOCTOR! When the bills come, just stiff 'em. Now let's go!"

A clear case of corporate objectives not being linked to individual performance, but pretty fucking sound advice nonetheless.

Ya do what ya gotta do.

FaithsTwin said...

Dear XO, We are daughters of a very wealthy, VERY kind, VERY generous man. Therefore we shouldn't HAVE to worry about cost when it comes to our health. When it comes to deciding on the $9.95 salad or the $29 filet, I can see the strain. Health? No way jose.

I love Holiday Inn Expresses, btw. Driving 'cross country once many years ago I satyed in one and for the 'motel' factor, it was really very pleasant.