Monday, August 07, 2006

Pickchuhs...

I've tried posting some new pictures here at least twice now and am being denied each time I try, so I give up! I GIVE UP, I tell you!!

(Ok...maybe one more try...)

Basically, I'm kinda hungry for a snack that's bad for me, and I'm trying to not focus on it by staying busy and having fun at the same time! So I'm trying to post pics of the most recent puppy stuff that occured at the house, as well as the pre-engagement ring as promised. But Blogger or my internet or BOTH are being a pain, and not letting me get anywhere with it.

HEY! It worked! Ok, here we go...

Here's a picture of poor Pudge just trying to relax a bit after initially meeting his sister Izzy again after 4 months, and after having traveled for 3 days in a car for the first time ever, and after seeing a back yard that actually has space in it for the first time, etc...He just wanted to lay there and be mellow, and Izzy was having none of it. This is a picture of her climbing on top of him, with her tongue out because she was beyond excited the ENTIRE time he was in the house, and wouldn't calm the fuck down. The Twin had been trying to hold her back but gave up, I believe. Damned exciteable dog...you'd think we never let her out of the house! Which we do! I swear! (It's not my fault that the main contact she has with animals her size or smaller is through a fence or with squirrels that happen to be passing by, right?)


Here's what Izzy looks like when she passes out completely, and doesn't have any exciting prospects whatsoever to hold her interest. She fell asleep on her back while wedged between my thigh and a pillow on the couch last weekend, and it was just sooo nice to have her not moving or trying to lick me or trying to bite me or trying to get me to throw the chew toy - ANY chew toy! - for her to chase, that I had to document it. Yes, she has a frightening overbite...thank GOD she isn't a child! I can only imagine the orthodonture bills...


And here is the famous "pre-engagement ring" that the boyfriend gave to me last weekend. I know it's a fuzzy picture, but it's the best I can do. I love how my digital camera wants to focus on the shit in the background rather then what's directly in front of it. Bastard.


There you go. Now I'm only a half hour away from going home, busting my ass to finish up some things before the party, as well as cooking two meals for tomorrow before people arrive. I hope it doesn't rain. The boyfriend bought a bocce ball set to play with after we eat! I'd like to play, please...

5 comments:

FaithsTwin said...

It's bad enough you emailed my double chin to everyone, now you have POSTED it. Everyone is interested in the dogs, NOT me- cut me out for cryin' out loud! Jeezus.

Faith said...

Oh relax...Nobody notices that at all, I'm sure. They're lookin' at the dogs, not you! (I thought of trying to cut you out, just in case you pulled something like this, and it isn't possible to do it without messing up the Izzy part of the picture. Tough noogies...:P)

lyn said...

i thought that was you...hi! we didn't notice anything but the dogs, i swear.

FaithsTwin said...

lol- I'm just giving a hard time. Even when I weigh 150 lbs I still have that stupid double chin. It's surgery, I'm afraid, or nothing. Pudge DOES look awfully exhausted in that particular photo! Hiya Lyn!

Faith said...

Yep...but Izzy looks WIDE AWAKE!!! As always...poor little Pudgie!

And yep...the dreaded, unavoidable double-chin. With us for life, I'm sure.