Friday, August 04, 2006

That joke is sooooo old...

Not to take away from this woman's pain and suffering at all, because, believe me, I wouldn't trade places with her for the world! But if I go into a toilet, and I so much as see a glimmer of something shiny on the seat, I don't sit down on it. I wipe it off/go into another stall to use a different toilet. Call me weird if you want to, but I don't like wet things on my ass.

Wouldn't the glue give off a certain odor? Or at least make the toilet seat look like it's wet? Wouldn't there be some clue to a person that, Hey! It's not ok to sit down here to piss! I haven't been in this situation myself, so I can only guess. But it seems like some sort of sign would be there, is the thing.

I can feel a cold coming on. I was exhausted by the time the work day ended yesterday, and I promptly went home, laid down on the couch, and barely moved for the next couple of hours. (I made Asian noodles, though...I'd told the boyfriend there would be some in the fridge when he got home, so I felt bad about him coming home and possibly not finding any in there and made them up quick as I could. Fortunately, they don't take long...just a bit of time to chop some cilantro, carrots, and green onions, and then toss the noodles with some sauces to make them yummy. They were good enough when I was done...not the best I've made, but passable...) I took a shower last night so I could sleep in this morning, but even though I got 8 hours of sleep, I still feel tired and groggy today. And the swollen glands don't help much. I want to work out today, is the thing...since I didn't do it last night, I need to tonight and tomorrow morning in order to get 5 days in this week. Bleh. Just thinking about it is wearing me out, though.

I'm thinking that the office Airborn bottle is going to get hit HARD today!!

Bunches of stuff to do, and no energy to do them...I'd better get moving while I'm thinking about it all. Happy Friday!

4 comments:

martinoffroad said...

Asian noodles, hmmmm. I always called them Ramen noodles.

Faith said...

No, no...Ramen noodles baaaad. All salt, no flavor! I make regular old pasta (last night was fettucini noodles), and then I throw in any number of things like ponzu sauce (which is a lite soy-type dressing), a favorite marinade that has ginger and lime in it, lime juice, a little soy, and some hot sesame oil for the heat and flavor it brings to the party. Then I put in cilantro, carrots, and green onion, and usually some toasted sesame seeds, but I wasn't feeling good enough to pay attention to toasting sesame seeds on the stove last night, so I left them out. Maybe that was the problem...

Anyway, there's still a bunch of sodium in my version, I'm sure, but it tastes better than those ramen thingies. You marinade some steak or chicken in the ginger lime marinade for a half hour and then grill it up and put it on top of the noodles, and you have one happy, yummy Asian-flavored extravaganza to enjoy.

Makes my mouth water to just think about it...

martinoffroad said...

My goodness, now my mouth is watering also...thanks for sharing.

Mona Buonanotte said...

Those noodles sound awesome! I hope you feel better!

My high school Spanish teacher told us the story of when she sat down to pee in the teacher's lounge toilet, and someone had snuck in there with a roll of Saran Wrap and put it right under the part you sit on, stretched it all the way across, so she ended up sitting in it. Yah, I think they got expelled.