Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Can I get a "Haa-yay" up in the house??

This is pretty much a post for local folk. And even in that case, just for the folks that travel around the Plaza now and then or on a regular basis...

What.

A.

CLUSTERFUCK!!!

I just sat on Ward Parkway going east after getting on it from Shawnee Mission Parkway, waiting to get across the creek one way or another (my preference is usually to go straight past Southwest Trafficway to Wornall and turn left there, but it was closed down today. Of course.), and I shit you not when I say I sat there on Ward waiting to get to the bridge to Southwest Trafficway for over 10 minutes. Not moving! AT ALL!!!

I just don't understand how it could be so poorly executed is the thing. I certainly hope they don't do this sort of re-paving deal every goddammed year, because dealing with Christmas traffic on the Plaza is enough, IMO. I don't need annual end-of-summer re-paving bullshit to go with it! FUCK!!

p.s. For those of you locals that don't get down to the Plaza regularly, and have been thinking that it might be fun to hit it soon for a night out, wait until after the Plaza Art Show, whenever that may be. Apparently, that's what they're trying to get all this road construction done for, and it's absolutely unbelievable how messed up and retarded it is out here on a daily basis, seriously. Just avoid the area like the plague. I know I would if I didn't work here!

4 comments:

flowerparts@yahoo.com said...

haaa...i feel your pain! i have to get to the westport area from shawnee mission pkwy - so i've been avoiding that area by taking rainbow then wesport road. it's such a freaking mess....

"The D" said...

Flower Plants you go right by my house.

Faith I go stuck in that shit also to day at noon. All I kept thinking was I pick the wrong month to quite smoking.

Xavier Onassis said...

Could have been worse.

Could have been an Australian Clusterfuck.

That's like an order of magnitude worse than your garden variety clusterfuck.

Faith said...

XO, you make me laugh.

Yes, d, it was definitely smoke-worthy traffic. Although, the only thing I kept thinking of was how much I wanted a Diet Coke, and all I had was lukewarm water in the car. Very irritating.