Monday, September 11, 2006

Do's and Don'ts

I do like sleeping. Actual heavy, no tossing-and-turning kind of sleep for more than 7 hours at a time.
I don't like # 91 on the Bengals, and his bullshit "momentum" excuses. He's a dick, he plays like a dick, most of his fucking TEAM played like dicks, and they can all deal with the consequences of their bullshit celebrating every play, from receptions to tackles to hurting people. Assholes.
I don't like being a personal assistant.
I do like being an adminstrative assistant.
(Yes, there is a difference.)
I don't like buildings that can't figure out how to deal with the temperature changes and humidity issues that come with this change in season from summer to fall.
I do like watching Arrested Development, Season 3.
I don't like it when, after mentioning to the fiance that I feel like I've really been slacking in the workout area lately and need to get back on it as of this week, he agrees with me, therefore causing me to have to say, "Ok, hon? As soon as you get up even one day of the week at 5 a.m. to go and work out, you can make comments about me slacking off. Otherwise, just know that my comments are rhetorical, mkay?"
I do like that the AC just came on again in the building. Perfect!
I don't like the construction shit that's been plagueing the general Plaza area over the past 2 weeks. Tired of it, tired of it, tired of it!
I do like that I get to heat up my chili now. Ta!

6 comments:

Lushy said...

That was a nasty hit.

Faith said...

Indeed. And while I LOVES me some Carson Palmer, and think that his playing skeeils are worthy of mucho praise, I did NOT like how his offense tended to over-celebrate everyday, NORMAL plays such as catching a pass and converting to a 1st down, or the defensive players getting up and throwing little parties every time they tackled someone. Yeah...good one, guys! You did what you get paid to do! Fucking asshats.

My coworkers seem to think they were all just "fired up," and that the Chiefs need to get like that after their plays, but I disagree. I saw it as being tacky, poor sportsmanship, and just plain idiotic much of the time. And when their coach was arguing about what he perceived as a missed call by the officials when we were on the verge of getting a touchdown (that would clearly be our one and only touchdown, mind you, as there was only about 4 and a half minutes left in the game), and seemed to have some problem with it not being called, I wanted to go to Arrowhead and kick his ass personally, and tell him to settle the fuck down. His goddammed player had layed out our QB with a lowered shoulder to the head, and didn't have a penalty called on him for it. He kind of got a freebie there, and I felt he needed to shut. the FUCK. up.

It was an irritating game, to say the least.

Kristine said...

I don't like it that I didn't get to see that Chiefs game. And hey, I don't like it that you've vowed to not do any more turd posts. ;)

Faith said...

Oh no, no, no...I just said I wouldn't do any posting about poop *this week*. I wouldn't be ME if I didn't bring it up every now and then, right?

Hell, if I had an adorable daughter to post about all the time, like you do, then I wouldn't have to fall back on entertaining folks with my excrement. Which is just so sad, I can't stand it...

Xavier Onassis said...

Note to the fiance: When Faith says "I feel like I've really been slacking in the workout area lately and need to get back on it as of this week", your response is "Hey! You've had a lot going on! Work has been Hell, you've been exhausted. You needed a break. Don't be so hard on yourself. Tell you what, when you're ready to get back in the routine, let me know and we'll do it together. I love you!"

You don't live to be 51, live through two marriages and numerous lesser relationships without learning how NOT to get stabbed to death while you're sleeping. THINK before you SPEAK. If the correct words still fail you, just smile, rub her back and say "I understand. I love you." and then just shut the fuck up.

"The D" said...

Note to the fiance #2: When Faith says "I feel like I've really been slacking in the workout area lately and need to get back on it as of this week", your response is: "I don't know why you even joined that gym you are beautiful the way you are. Besides isn't the sex a work out by is self?