Friday, September 22, 2006

Make the dream real...

Oh, working on the Plaza has been such a joy lately! For the last two months, we've been dealing with construction on the expansion of Tivol Jewelers below us (there's nothing like listening to the constant power-drill/power-saw noise of construction through the floor for about 5 hours a day every day of the week while one works...it's so magnificent), and then there's that pesky hurryandtearupthestreetstorepavethembeforetheartfairweekenddammit-getitdonegetitdone!! thing that we've been having to deal with on Ward and Wornall and the general areas surrounding it, so that's been fun. And today...well, today is a culmination of it all. Because today is the start of The Plaza Art Fair, and now all the fucking streets around my office are closed, even though my parking garage is open, and has one entrance in and out of it today. Which is usually a one-way entrance. So that should be fun.

I don't know where else to park, though. I don't want to get a ticket for being in one location for more than 4 hours (since I don't plan on leaving at all until the bosses dismiss us hopefully early, my car will be in one spot, fo sho), I don't know if I can park at the top of the lot at the other end of the Plaza, or if that would even help, or what. I'm gonna ask my coworker what she thinks when she gets here. Because I'm a lemming, really. Didn't you know?

The fiance woke up at an odd time today...I could hear him come out of the bedroom while I was putting on lotion after my shower, but then I didn't hear anything else. When I left the bathroom, I went into the bedroom and found him back in bed. "Do you need to pee? I'm done in there now..." No, he didn't need to pee. "Ok, well, do you want me to still wake you at 7? Because it's still a little before 7 now..." Yes, he wanted to go back to sleep until 7, please.

So then he woke up, and I was doing my make-up thing, and then I went in the bedroom to stare at my closet and try to will an outfit into appearing before me, and then I laid back on the bed, because that's what I do when I stare at my closet looking for an outfit - it makes me tired - and the fiance came in and laid across me for a bit, and then the dog joined us and started licking at my face, which was unacceptable because I had fresh makeup on. So I sat up and stared at the closet again, and the fiance said, "Just don't leave me, ok?" And I was all, "WTF? Why would I leave you? I have to go to work, but you're leaving before me, even, so I don't get it." And he explained that he'd had a dream where I'd left him...or more to the point, where I'd broken up with him, and that was why he'd been up and wandering around just before his normal wake-up time this morning. I was all, "Oh honey, I ain't goin' nowhere. You've got nothing to worry about, really." He's so cute.

Got a busy day today, working on getting some stuff done for a work thing I have next Tuesday night, so I'm glad that Blogger isn't being a DICK today like it has been being lately, and I can post and say hello earlier than usual. Not sure if I'll be able to post again, but who knows...

Happy Friday!! Stay away from the Plaza!!!

4 comments:

Coley said...

Before we got married, my husband had dreams pretty much every night that involved me leaving him, cheating on him etc. He'd wake me in the morning to say "Please don't ever leave me/ sleep with my friends etc."
Boys are so cute when they're worried.

"The D" said...

I am walking down to the plaza to night for the art fair... ooops I mean the booze.

Kristine said...

What is the deal with your boyfriend and his dreams lately? Does he need to go see a dream psychologist? ;)

Faith said...

I just wish I could remember some of mine the way he does. I'm SURE they mean something. I had one last night, for example, that I know involved my coworker, but I can't remember why or how or wtf we were up to. Maddening.