Tuesday, September 19, 2006

No energy to fight it

I got about 3 hours of sleep last night, so if you're thinking that my mood might be better today, you're wrong. I did get in to the gym, though, so that should help. (Maybe not so much with the tiredness, but definitely with the mood.) It's a good thing I went to sleep early last night, because from 10:15 to 12:30 was where I got the most consecutive minutes of sleep time...I was completely out. But for some reason, I woke up at 12:30, got up, and was wide awake until about 3:30. I think I finally nodded off again at about 4, but I had to get up at 4:45 to get to the gym earlier than usual today to meet my trainer. It was good to have someone to meet so I could have the motivation to get my ass out of bed, but it wasn't fun getting moving, that's for sure.

I don't know how long I'll make it today without losing my mind, but hopefully I'll stay busy and won't have to worry about it much. Taking a walk down the Plaza in late afternoon helped a bit yesterday...even though it was windy as fuck out and it seemed to be bringing a lovely smell of garbage to 47th Street, and I had to pass Jerry the Asshole Panhandler twice on my way to and from Kinko's and BOTH times he asked me for money. The second time, I stopped him mid-sentence to say, "I know ya Jerry, and I'm tired of ya." He said, "Well, I don't care if you know me..." I kept walking, so I didn't listen to see if he had anything else to say. There were more pedestrians passing him pretty soon after I passed him myself, so I'd imagine he directed his attention to them instead. When does he leave for winter break, I wonder? I wish he'd go soon...

I'm gonna go pound out a few tasks right quick, though. One of which will be to take care of the pressure at my back end that is manifesting itself now that I've eaten a bit of breakfast. WOO!

3 comments:

FaithsTwin said...

maybe buy some of those little money note thingies so it looks like you are dropping cash in his hat but really you are dropping a note written on fake money that say little inspirational things. =P Sorry you are having a tough time.

"The D" said...

I hope everything works out in the end for ya.

Faith said...

Let's see...what kind of inspirational thoughts can I offer Jerry? I know!

"Get off your fat ass and do work just like the rest of us have to do, you annoying piece of shit!"

How's that sound?

And yes, D...everything worked out just fine in the end. Who doesn't love a good shit, eh? (Except perhaps any innocent coworkers that entered the bathroom within 10 minutes of my morning visit. Poor things...)