Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Today - part 1

It's been a busy morning, but I'm finally at the point where I just need to wait for responses from other people on most things, and the other project I'm working on doesn't need to be completed until end of day, so I'm in a good spot.

Here's what's going on: We've changed our wedding date to October 27, 2007 instead of the 20th. Why? Well, that's a good question, for which we have an equally good answer. The fiance's friend who got married a couple of weeks ago called the fiance on Friday night with some news. He learned that the day that USC and Notre Dame will be playing each other on is - you guessed it - October 20, 2007 at Notre Dame. This simply doesn't fit into my preparation schedule on the wedding day, nor will it work for us to TiVo the game and invite everyone over to watch on Sunday because...well, it just won't. And this isn't just a thing for me and the fiance, by the way. (For those who don't know me well, I'm a HUGE USC fan and the fiance is a HUGE Notre Dame fan.) As the fiance is from South Bend, and many of his family and friends are coming to KC for the wedding, we really don't want to piss anyone off or create any messy situations for anyone who will want to watch that game (usually touted as one of the biggest games of the season for all of college football). Namely ourselves. So, we pushed the date out to October 27, 2007 instead. The leaves will be prettier then anyway. (Yes, only one week can make a big difference.)

The other thing that's going on? I haven't pooped in over 24 hours, and it's starting to freak me out. Again, for those that don't know me well, this is a HIGHLY UNUSUAL occurrence, and I'm almost considering going to the emergency room to have myself checked out, dammit. I was approved for health insurance as of last week, but unfortunately, no payments have been made yet, so I can't go to the emergency room. If I DID have insurance, I'd be there in a second! This is just not normal, I say! I haven't reached a point of being uncomfortable yet, but when I do, LOOK OUT! I'm gonna get crabby...

That is all. More later, I assure you...

8 comments:

lyn said...

date change noted. for good reason too.

hmm....i'd be worried about the poop too. you're so regular! hahahaha.

BB said...

I also got married during football season and had to pick an away game weekend.

Congrats on the health insurance approval.

FaithsTwin said...

Prunes. That's all I gotta say. Eat half a bag this afternoon and by tonight everything will be golden.

alisha said...

Weird. We had been looking at October 27, 2003 and some friends got married on October 27, 2004 I think!

FaithsTwin said...

October 27, 03 was a Tuesday. October 27, 04 was a Wednesday.

Faith said...

I bet things get even cheaper in the middle of the week, eh? It would be weird if we all wound up having the same anniversary, though, right? We could celebrate together every year!!

"The D" said...

My brother was married on 10-27-99. It is also my mothers birthday.

martinoffroad said...

Emergency Room for not shitting??? Hmmm, no wonder my insurance premiums are sooo high.