Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Don't give up...

US Population hits 300 million mark. Who? the FUCK. cares????

I heard that anchorwoman Soledad O'Brien on CNN actually squeal about it this morning as they talked about it getting closer and closer. I was all, "WTF? This is something we're supposed to be excited about? The fact that we're taking up more and more space, are filling the roads with more and more cars, building out into previously pristine land so that we all have enough room to be able to stretch our arms out to the sides without hitting another person...this is something we should be EXCITED about? Fuck that shit." They were counting down to it on the news channels this morning. Made me sick to even hear it/look at it. Let's talk about North Korea and what's gonna happen with that, shall we? CHRIST!! Fucking 300 million mark for the population. Jackasses...

This morning, I cried on the way to the gym, I cried at the gym, and then I finally got to work out which made me feel lots better. (Until I got to my parking garage across from the office...almost started crying again.) I can't stop thinking about some issues I'm having with my dad right now (has to do with money and the wedding and that general stuff...can't talk about it, since he asked me to keep that shit to myself and I'm honoring his request), and then the fact that I have no money to be able to get my hair done, and I have two showers to go to in the next couple of weeks (both of which are on the same day, and are for people that I love and want to show that I'm happy for them by buying a great gift for them both, but I have to settle for less than what I'd normally do if I actually had a job that paid me well enough to surivive through rough times like what I'm going through right now...) so that's wearing on me a bit, and we have to eat the same two things all fucking week, just about, because it's all I could afford to make us (one is split pea soup and the other is chicken chili...both are yummy, but meal after meal after meal of the same thing? Bleh.), and the whining has. got. to. stop. Seriously.

Basically, I'm having a mid-year-32-crisis, and it's sucking my fat ass. I thought I'd share it with y'all! Because it's so much fun for everyone that way!!! Wheeeeeee!!!!!!

Ok, so after my workout this morning, I guess the stress had built up a bit, and I couldn't stop thinking about the stuff that was getting to me, and suddenly, the fact that I had to go to the bathroom sort of became OHMYGODMUSTGETTOTHETOILETNOOOOOOWWWW! You know how that is. So I got to the toilet, relieved whatever the fuck it was that hit me, and just as I was finishing up I heard someone else enter the toilet area with me. Now, there are 5 stalls in this thing, PLUS the handicapped stall, which is the one I was in because it's the furthest from the door, and I follow the rules, dammit. I had made it a not-so-pleasant atmosphere at least at my end of the stall area, and one would think that this could be detectible as soon as one entered the general area...maybe I'm wrong about that, though. The problem? This person that walked in came alllll the way down to my end of the stall area, and went into the empty stall right next to the one I was in!!!

We all know by now how I feel about this, really. And I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, because I've read it sooooo many other places, so it's a general rule, right? You have 5 stalls to choose from, so stay away from the empty one that's next to the only other stall that's occupied! Even though I was pretty much done (or rather, my intestines were done with me), it still was uncomfy. I figured she got her insta-karma, though, what with the intensely lovely aroma I had created.

How retarded can some people be, though? C'mon!! I don't care how tired out you are from your workout...at least have the courtesy to leave the 1-stall buffer. Jackass.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up, I've rearranged and adjusted the blogroll, which some might have already noticed, but some might not've. Basically, some of the blogs that were on there are no longer being updated. Two of my favorites have joined up and created The Adventures of Snapleg, so that's fun. A couple of others that I've been wanting to return to their daily, or at least weekly (or monthly!) blogging appear to have died all together, so I finally removed them (RIP Joelle, Superficial Plaza Chick, Pink Martinis, and GFI!! I'll miss you guys!), and while others have died as well (The Daily Dump , and Maine), their archives are long and varied and WELL worth the read, so I've left them on my blogroll for everyone to link to and continue to enjoy. Other ones that haven't updated in a while (wiscolizard at Is it just me?) have extenuating circumstances that keep them from blogging right now, but I hope for their eventual return, so I'm leaving them on the list.

I also added a couple new links, like the one to fourfour whom I discovered through Y over at Joy Unexpected , thankyouverymuch, and the one to the Eddie Izzard Quotes page, which just comes in so handy for those moments when you want to remember the exact line from Dress to Kill that keeps swimming around and around in your brain, but you know you don't have it quite right. ("Ahh buggar. I was so surprised. Were you surprised? I was surprised.") Of course, you have to watch his stand up routines to get it JUST right, because otherwise, the intonation is all off in your head, but the words are still pretty fucking funny. So there's that for ya.

And that's all I've got time for right about now. Maybe more later. After the population of the US has edged its way up to a respectable 300,000,300 or something...

5 comments:

FaithsTwin said...

The funk has made you extra funny, tho.

Faith said...

THIS is extra funny? Hmmm...mental note: be depressed as much as possible, as it only adds to the enjoyment of the blog.

Awesome. :P

lyn said...

of course, the moment you take people off the blogroll, they post. pink martinis today. and tenth-muse shall be back..she told me the other day! (go check it...)

Faith said...

*gasp!*

I'm magical!! Going to check right now...

Xavier Onassis said...

With 300 million people I think you can pretty much kiss the 1 stall buffer goodbye.

When we hit 400 million, ALL the stalls will be full of people noisily crapping away with lines of people outside the stalls taking in your "ambience" while waiting for their turn to replace you on the still-warm plastic-horse-shoe of blessed relief.

What a lovely world THAT will be.