Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Wow. Just...wow.

Jesus McFuck...people, I have 10 years of experience as an admin. So if you call me about what you call an "executive assistant" position, and I tell you I'm looking for $40,000 annually, do not call me to see if I'm willing to work for $11 an hour.

HELL no.

Holy crap...I made $12 out of the gate back when I was fresh out of college with zero experience. IN 1996!!!

What asshat in his right mind thinks that he's going to be able to find talented admin assistance for $11 an hour? Certainly not a proper executive. Sounds like they'd be really fun to work for, if you ask me. Dipshits...

I'll keep looking, thanks.

(By the way, one of my bosses dressed up as "Jerry the asshole bum" today for Halloween, and I don't think I've laughed that hard in a good long time. Those of you who don't know Jerry, just be grateful. Those of you who live in KC and have seen/experienced Jerry on the Plaza or in Westport, you know what I mean. I gave him my normal Jerry line when I passed him: "I know who you are Jerry, and I'm tired of ya." His response? "Go fuck yourself!" Perfect!! It was the best costume of the day, IMO.)

3 comments:

Alisha said...

Completely awesome!

Xavier Onassis said...

For what it's worth, my GF went through the same thing.

The problem is when execs find an administrative assistant as good as you or her...they hang on to them forever and take them from job to job. Not a lot of turnover at the salary level you deserve.

You almost have to find some promising schmuck and sell yourself to them as their path to success. "My job is to make you look good and get you where you want to be."

Make it clear that you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you because you realize that your futures will be intertwined.

But what the fuck do I know?

Not as much as I think.

flowerparts@yahoo.com said...

ha! oh jerry...i'm always too afraid he'll yell at me to say anything to him!