Thursday, November 16, 2006

It's kind of a blurry mess

These past couple of days have gone by fastly and furiously. Between work events, interviews, phone calls about interviews, catching up on work due to missed time for interviews, and sleep, I haven't had much time for anything fun, really. (Well, except for the sleep. Because sleep is my fave thing, yo.) Tuesday night I was so exhausted I just wanted to go home and not move for a while. Yesterday, I had a big bunch of caffeine late in the afternoon, so I was ok with doing stuff when I got home, but the entire day was just run, run, run, and I feel like I haven't had any good time to myself really. I also got angry about something that the fiance is going through (KCP&L never cancelled his electric after he moved out of his apartment last February, he didn't get a confirmation number from the person he spoke to about cancelling it, and basically they're now telling him he owes $500 for the past 9 months of electric for an apartment he hasn't lived in. Oh, wait, I'm sorry...he only owes $300 because they had a deposit on file from years ago when he initially moved into His Very First Apartment and had to start up electricity without any credit to his name. So he just forfeited that cash, but since it was from he was 19 or something, he doesn't really care. Which I don't really understand all that much, because someone steals $150 of MY dollars? You KNOW that isn't gonna go over well...), and had to calm myself down after the initial discussion about it with him.

I mean, he was just gonna pay them that $300! Without any kind of fight!! WTF? I asked him to please contact his old landlord and see if he could write a letter to KCP&L stating the date fiance moved out of the apartment, and also ask him if he could find out at least the last name of the individual who moved in there and get the date they moved in, so we could contact KCP&L and let them know that they should have switched the electric into their names, and THEY'RE the ones that owe KCP&L for the last however many months of electricity they've been using. I don't know if it'll work, but dammit, we have to at least try!!

I also told fiance that it's a good idea to make sure to get the name of any person that helps him with any kind of customer service situation, regardless of what it is. IPod not working, and you need to call Apple, or whoever? Get the name of the person who helps when you call. Pizza delivery all botched up, and the manager of the store tells you they're gonna void the charge to your card? Get their name, in case you get charged anyway and need to call back 3 days later to figure out what the hell happened.

And any time something involves a utility, get a fucking confirmation code when you call to cancel your account!

I really, really hope we can resolve this without him having to pay all that cash. We don't need it right now, dammit.

I haven't had a chance to read many blogs lately, and feel very out of the loop. I got about 1/4 of the way down the blogroll yesterday before I had to stop and kick it into gear around the office before the end of the day, and I want to read and catch up and see what's going on!!! Is anything going on that I need to know about?

I also have a zit the size of Montana on my hairline that hurts like a mofo. Those are seriously the worst. There's nothing but skin and skull up at that point of the face, it seems, so why the zit? Of course, they always manage to reach mammoth proportions anyway, and they're the hardest ones to pop! But I finally managed to get it this morning before I put my makeup on. Thank GOD! Now I have a headache, though. Mammoth zit has it's revenge already! Evil mutherfucker...

Ok, I have a task I need to complete that I wanted to do yesterday, but couldn't get started on time to finish it before the end of the day, so I'd better get on it now. Hope everyone's weeks are going ok! I don't know, because I haven't been able to read! Dammit, dammit, dammit...

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Your fiance seeming willing to just pay that money reminds me of my husband. He'll buy something, discover he doesn't want it or something's wrong with it - and NOT return it. He'd rather just be out the money! WTF! He always says, Oh they wont take it back. Then I take it back, get the money, and wave it in his face. Men DON'T even TRY!