Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Last Day

Today's my last day here at my old job. Seems oddly fitting that I have a terrible sore throat and a cold coming on, since I haven't had a single sick day in the entire almost-year since I started here. I had plenty of days off, but none of them were sick days. Weird, eh?

I will miss a lot of the people I work with a tremendous amount, and as happens any time I move on from a job, I'm left wondering how close of contact we'll remain in, even though promises have been made and e-mails/phone numbers have been exchanged. While I'm pretty interested in what will happen here after I've left (other individuals have since decided to move on from their positions as well...completely unrelated decisions, of course, but interesting nonetheless), I don't know if it'll stay that way after I've had a week of non-exposure to the ever so cool boss that up and decided to fire me almost 4 weeks ago.

Regardless, I have a ton to do around here today, what with the clean-up I'd like to perform on a file drawer next to my chair that might come in handy if it were just organized better, and the other regular tasks that people are still asking me to perform, even though I'm only about 3 hours away from saying goodbye forever to this position, so I'd better skedaddle.

For the record, no, I haven't found another job yet. I do have a part time opportunity that will likely work out, thanks to my associations with people at the Moose, so that will be helpful in the meantime, but as far as full time work goes, I'm still in the middle of interview madness. Which, of course, has been interrupted by the holiday.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! And please, don't call it "Turkey Day." It's not that...it's a day to be thankful for what we have, and not everyone is eating turkey, anyway. The fiance and I will be feasting on cornish game hens, for example. So yeah...happy Thanksgiving. Go forth and spread the love, dammit...

2 comments:

lyn said...

mmm. cornish game hens rule. have a happy thanksgiving. we do have many reasons to give thanks. cheers!

Kristine said...

Hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. :)