Wednesday, November 08, 2006

On second thought...

Ugh. Having the first period I've had in 3 months right now, and it's not starting out very pretty. I don't think that the whole idea of taking 3 months of pills in a row and only having 4 periods per year because of it is turning out to be a very good decision. The mood swings, cramps, and general discomfort don't seem to be worth the money I'm saving on tampons, that's for damned sure!

I slept like hell last night, thanks to The Foot Of Death. The top of the foot (which isn't even technically part of the "ankle" per se, so I don't know why it's trying to be such an ASS right now!) is now so sensitive to touch that it hurts to have water hit it when I'm in the shower. The inner part of the ankle has shooting pains through it regularly, and the outer part of the ankle gets weak at the end of the day after I've been using it to, you know, walk around and stuff. I'm still favoring the damned thing as I walk around, but it appears to not be enough. It just wants to sit still, or some shit. Well, I can't just sit still, so it needs to fuck off.

Also in The Big News Around Faith and Fiance's House, we are to receive a tree from the city due to their need to remove a tree from our yard during the re-paving project they performed in late spring/early summer. I have a list of trees to choose from, and am having a hard time choosing. So later today, I'll go ahead and pop up the choices I've narrowed it down to for votes from my readers. (Or, rather, from the 4 or 5 of you that actually make comments!) I don't even know where it will fit in the yard, to be honest, and I plan on talking to my lawn & tree guys before making the final decision, but I need to get back to the contracting company with my decision "ASAP." Because they're assholes and all. Have they every gotten back to me about the problem I have with the dent they made in my house when they poured my driveway? No. No they haven't. (I've written two letters now, sent a copy to the city rep who was in charge of monitoring the project, and finally have started getting a response from the paving company over the past couple of weeks, but it's consisted of one of their guys calling me and leaving me a message, and me calling him back and leaving a message, and then nothing else happening since then. That was a week and a half ago. Nice.)

Great. Now I feel nauseous. I love being a girl!

3 comments:

FaithsTwin said...

Don't you just wish you could have your entire uterus removed? It seems like a pretty handy situation for some of us...

You want a tree? I would think you wouldn't want yet another one to have to worry about trimming and such.

Heather said...

But if you have a tree, that's less area you have to mow.

A fruit tree can be fun...but then you have to deal with fallen rotten fruit on the ground. Not to mention the colored birdshit on your car.

Kristine said...

Wait - are you getting a big full tree right now? Or a sapling.