Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Sorry I can't go into details...

Seems like everything lately has been about my foot or my firing. Bleh. I'm tired of it. Are you tired of it? I'm tired of it...

Just an FYI, I would love to share the termination info with everyone, but feel it's a bad idea at this point. Since I'm still working for the company and am unsure of how a couple of things will be panning out money-wise, it seems stupid to go spewing info about how things went down until I'm completely safe.

Basically, though, I'm not resigning. Not unless I find another job, and all. I don't feel like being forced into resignation is fair treatment for me in this case. Not in the least. So I'm not gonna.

And...AND! Just about everyone here in the office is rallying behind me. YAY! People I didn't realize would support me are doing just that. Giving me references I didn't count on, and spreading the news about my abilities to the people they've known and worked with for years. It's a great feeling. One I want to celebrate. (Just as soon as I have a new job and can afford to do so...)

Of course, I'll be keeping everyone in the loop as things progress. The toughest thing I'm running into at this point is the question of why I'm moving on. I've never been fired before, so I don't know what to say! I think that saying that the job clearly requires someone with a lower level of experience in it (i.e. it's not challenging enough) is the best way to go. One of the references that's sending out my resume to his buddies has been telling people that the job has changed, and I'm overqualified for it at this point. That's what makes the most sense to me.

Thank goodness I've got the support of just about everyone I worked with. Which reinforces my feeling about how bogus the firing was in the first place, but again, I can't talk about it so I'll shut up now.

Later, fo sho. Maybe in a month or so.

Thanks again to everyone for their kind words to me about getting fired in the first place! You guys made me smile when I needed it the most, and I really appreciate it! I'd better get going now before this whole computer turns to mush...

p.s. the foot is turning purple and dark blue in some places at this point, and is still rather puffy, but has stopped hurting too much which is nice. I have more mobility today, and am even thinking that I can possibly get back to the gym eliptical machine by Monday maybe! Even though that might be a bit premature, and I'm planning on talking to my trainer before doing such a thing. But it's possible...we'll see! Doing upper body workouts and minor leg things make me feel better about being such a lump, but I really have a need to get some cardio in, and it's bothersome that I can't do it right now. I feel all antsy just thinking about it...

4 comments:

"The D" said...

If you quite or resign then you can't get unemploymnet in Kansas (been there done that) so dont quite. Get unemplyment for a few weeks take a vacation the get your ass back to work.

FaithsTwin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
FaithsTwin said...

"D"- this is not what Faith is focusing on as far as the situation goes. She has never been fired but that doesn't mean she is an idiot to how unemployment is dealt. She trained a fucking human resources dept in her old job, for crying out loud!

Besides that: unemployment in every state works the way you described. You can't quit a job and then go to the EDD and say, "I didn't like it so I quit- can you give me money for the next, ohhhh, 10 months while I decide what I want to do between soaps? Thanks!" In fact, even when you are fired they do an examination to see what the circumstances were and determine, after their investigation, whether you are qualified or not.

In Faiths instance it isn't about the resiging, (or quit[e]ing), it's about the principal. She didn't do anything wrong. In fact, she has always done (annoyingly so) everything right. It's something totally different that can't be referenced currently.

Faith said...

I have a problem with collecting unemployment, actually. Not sure why...probably has something to do with the way I feel about people receiving welfare and that sort of shit, even though I know that's totally different and all. I dunno. I'm weird. If I have to collect it, then I will. I'm not crossing that bridge until I get to it, though.

The Twin is right...it's about something other than what most might assume is going on. I'm not quiting because after loads of thought, sleeping on it, and reflection over the past year, I've realized I'm not in the wrong here, so why would I resign? I didn't *plan* on resigning right now, and I don't think that the reasons given to me for my termination were appropriate, accurate, or even true in one of the cases sighted. (Seriously...it was made up. I've confirmed it. Which is still fucking unbelievable to me.) I'm not sure how it's all gonna end at this point, but it should become clearer over the next week I'd think.

But the Twin is also right in stating that I do know how it all works when it comes to unemployment, quiting a job vs being fired, and all that good stuff. I've been doing this admin thing for a looo-hoong time now. It's carried me through many phases of HR issues and responsibilities. (One of my primary functions at my last job with the home loan company was to handle all the hiring and termination processing for all employees in our region...all 300 of them. So, you can see how this isn't exactly an issue of me being naive of retarded when it comes to this stuff.) But thanks for the advice!