Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Meet up vs. Final KU Game* of the regular season?

There's a meet-up planned for tomorrow night:

Paddy O'Quigley's
100 E 20th Street (just east of Hereford House)
Kansas City, MO
Wednesday, February 27th
4:00 - ??? (Karaoke starts at 9pm)
(There will also be Kansas City trivia - and kick ass prizes!!)

But there's also a KU (vs. Iowa State) game that starts at 6 p.m.

I've been saying that Leo and I will be there fo sho at the meet up, but I'm not sure where Paddy's downtown stands when it comes to college ball-watching action. Does it get crowded? 'Cuz I'm not driving my ass all the way down there just to find out I don't have a place to sit for 2 hours.

Anyone hip to the kind of crowd that happens there? This is KU's final game of the season, and they're following a loss (that really, really hurt to watch) that happened on Saturday against Oklahoma State, so I'm worried about hitting the bars on Wednesday night downtown. If you don't see us there, that'll be the reason why.

*Ok, I was looking at February's schedule on Yahoo's Sports page. When I looked at KU's schedule on their website, I see that they actually have 3 more games after the one on Wednesday, they're just in a different month. (i.e. March.) That threw my feable mind off. I'm tired. I'm waiting for it to catch up. (Does making this update a different color help Anonymous 'tards that want to correct me after I've already corrected myself? Or should I bold it, too?)

10 comments:

Chimpo said...

KU and K-State play on Saturday. Final game of the season?

emawkc said...

Chimpo, given K-State's recent road performances, I'm not sure how much of a "game" it will be next Saturday.

"The D" said...

KU beats err, umm, plays KSU on Saturday.

A far as crowds go its diverse. I have been there a few times, they have a ton of TV's even in the men’s room. It’s just east of the Herford House. You can’t miss it.

Faith said...

I looked it up, and that K State game isn't reflected on the calendar for this week on the sports page for Yahoo that I looked at. They must not count it as a real game either, I s'pose.

I'm confused.

Anyway, I don't wanna go if it's gonna be too crowded. Need more convincing, please. Will Emaw and D be modeling their current choice of undies, perhaps? That might be worth attending...

Anonymous said...

KU has 4 remaining conference games:
KU at IST 2/27
KST at KU 3/1
TT at KU 3/3
KU at TA&M 3/8

Faith said...

Thank you, Anonymous, for stating - again - what I stated in my update on the post itself. In more detail, but still...thanks.

Perhaps I can find a way for you to waste more of your time in another post later...

faithstwin said...

Wanna fly me into town for the day? Would that make it worth your time?

Faith said...

Hahahahahahahaha!

Er, no. :P

You can fly yourself, though! I'd pick you up from the airport and let you sleep on the couch and everything.

faithstwin said...

I see what you're getting at- you want me to come in so you can leave and make me take care of the puppy!

Hell no. You won't get me this time, twin!

KC Sponge said...

I've never been there during a big game - but Wednesday's have been pretty lame whenever I have been there . . . more room for us!!

Can't wait to see you guys.