Monday, February 11, 2008

Not much.

I noticed over the weekend (on Saturday, specifically) that it doesn't take much to push me into a foul mood in a very quick amount of time. Country music, a big monetary gaff, and annoying people were what did it that day, but I'm going to start keeping better track of it from now on so I can see what else does it. Not sure if that will help anything, but I might as well try.

Leo surprised me with a gift of dance lessons for my birthday...which I have to be honest, I found a bit odd. I like dancing, but didn't think he did in the slightest. So we have 3 lessons at which we can learn whatever style I want (its a toss-up between salsa and swing, really), and then he said we can join the group lessons to try to get better at it over time.

I really am confused by it, but that's because I thought he hated it so much when we needed to go for lessons for the wedding. It's also tough to drag my ass back out of the house for dance lessons once I've gotten home at night after work...and then there's the issue of us not practicing. Very confusing.

I mentioned to him last week that it might be nice to take some time to go visit dad in the spring if he's still in Northern Cali...it's so pretty where they'll be living, so it'd make for a nice long weekend I'd think. That's when he mentioned his brother's graduation. Sure! I said. Find out when it is...we have to go! It's in May sometime, was all he knew. Eesh...that's when we have tix for John Edward, so find out which weekend in May, ok?

Sure enough, it's the same fucking day. AAARRRGGGHHHH!! Why do things have to happen like this, huh? We really are excited to go to his brother's graduation. I have some latant issues that are revealing themselves to me now that I've let the news of the graduation visit sink in, but I'm trying to deal with them as best I can. (I wanted to go to the same college that he's graduating from, but they didn't accept me when I applied all those years ago. Turns out, I'm having a hard time dealing with the thought of going there to celebrate a graduation that I never had the chance to experience myself. God, their rejection of me was so much more damaging than I ever realized...) But the John Edward tickets are expensive, and I was sooo looking forward to Leo having a chance to see him in person. I've been to see him twice, so waiting a bit longer to go again isn't that big a deal to me. I mean, it's disappointing, but he comes around every year...Leo's brother will only graduate this one time, you know? So, yeah. Obviously that is a HUGE priority.

But now I just need to find someone to buy my tickets. Anyone want them? They're $175 a piece, which is the face value I paid for them. It's on Saturday, May 3rd from 2 - 4 p.m. I'm putting them up on Craig's List in a little bit, but bloggers get first priority, if they're interested in them of course. (I personally think XO should buy them. I'd LOVE to hear his review of the session after attending it. Think it'd be utterly fascinating...)

If I can't sell them, then I'm going to have to miss the graduation. Leo will go for sure, though, and I'm sure he'll have a great time. I can't waste $350, though. I just can't.

Huh. Funny how my neck suddenly hurts again. It was ok for the past 2 weeks, dammit. *sigh!*

7 comments:

Xavier Onassis said...

LOL! I can give you a review without spending $350.00.

Since I don't believe in life after death, I think that John Edwards is a very sophisticated huckster. What he does is essentially play a game of 20 Questions with people who very much want him to be real. There are all sorts of verbal and non-verbal clues that guide the "psychics" and allow them to tell people what they want to hear. People have been doing it for centuries.

I'd go to the graduation.

Now, if you are talking about Jonathan Edwards, the guy who sang "Shanty", that would be a good show. Maybe on a double bill with John Prine or Lyle Lovett. I'd pay to see that. Not $175 a ticket! Maybe $20 or $30.

End of review.

Faith said...

Well, I've seen him twice, and that's not what he does.

And it's John EdwarD. No "s" on the end. I'd love to tell ya that it actually is a concert, take your $30/ticket and have you go anyway so you can see what I mean (maybe he'd even read your skeptic ass!), but I don't know if I can pull that off now that I've clarified. Maybe I'll try it again in a month or two if I'm not able to sell the tickets. :P:P:P

Xavier Onassis said...

LOL! I haven't seen him live, but I have seen his Crossing Over shows on the tee vee.

Since I start with the point of view that there is no life after death, there is only one conclusion I'm able to reach.

Says more about me than it does John Edward.

I'm afraid I'm not at all open minded when it comes to supernatural matters.

Good luck with the tickets!

"Goin' to lay around that shanty mama, and put good buzz on!"

"The D" said...

I do believe in life after death but I’m sure not going to believe that this guy can talk to the dead.

And 175 each! I won't even pay 120 for Bon freakin’ Jovi tickets, who would be WAY more entertaining that John Edwards.

And since when can a presidential candidate take to the dead? (LOL)

Alisha said...

John EdwarDAH!

I'm a big fan of paranormal, life after death schtuff but I'm not sure about this guy....I would have to see it for myself I think.

Faith said...

Hee! D, you crack me up.

Look, it's a fascinating couple of hours. I think everyone, especially the skeptics among us, should spend the money to check him out.

But, then again, I *am* trying to unload a couple of tickets here, so maybe I'm just trying to sell it, baby!

I envy those of you who haven't ever had any experience with the supernatural. Or do I feel sorry for you? I dunno...I'm sometimes glad for my connection to it, and sometimes not. But I firmly believe in John's overall message that we should communicate, appreciate, and validate our loved ones while we still have the chance. It makes things so much easier after they're gone, whether you believe in the afterlife or not.

faithstwin said...

I've seen John 3 times now and I am fascinated every time - especially when he reads a skeptic.

I admit, I go there hopeful That he'll read me. He hasn't though.

One thing I would like to say to those who are skeptical and don't believe- John Edward gives a great show. He is entertaining and his assistant it funny. I understand those who don't want to pay that much for a ticket.